close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

M4rgery optics?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Glock!9, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Glock!9

Glock!9

What would you add to it? I wanted a Trijicon, but not sure I really want to spend that much.

I know I want something small and I would love to maintain the ability to use the iron sights easily...Not real sure how realistic that is.

2. ChrisTKHarris

ChrisTKHarris I like to shoot

Depends there are a few options. Are you looking for strictly plinking? Tacticool? What's your budget?

ACOGs are amazing, but pretty pricey. An Aimpoint T1/H1 on a tall mount with a 3x magnifier will still give you the ability to use your BUIS and have a 1/3 cowitness. A T1 is $600 and a magnifier is around $500.

For those that are looking for a more tacticool/quicker target acquisition look at EOTech, more specifically the XPS and EXPS line because they have a cross mounted battery compartment that helps to guard against the batteries jarring loose. The EXPS line is $600 and a magnifier is around $450.

Keep in mind that an Aimpoint T1 will have a battery life of about 50,000 hours, whereas an EOTech is MUCH less. A Trijicon ACOG...well that's fiber and doesn't need anything.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010

3. 18thabncorps

18thabncorps

Might I suggest a variable power 1-4; check out Millett's scope. It is a nice opitc; runs about $300

4. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

I'd like something as well. I have a fixed handle A2 Bushmaster and I would rather not spend more than the rifle is worth on optics.

5. Billet

Billet

An Aimpoint ML2 is a good value that can be found online for $400 or a little less. Of course, a decent mount will add another hundred or so. I'm very impressed with mine. I started with a cheap Target Sports knockoff from CDNN that lasted about two range trips before it started having problems.