Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Still Alive
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive the ignorance.Anyway,between Colt and BushMaster,who makes the better M4 Carbine Rifles/And why?
thanks.

·
9BPLE
446 Posts
I think Stagarms, the weapons are not that expensive compared to others you get a chome lined barrel that is standard with all models. I know that Rock River, will charge you about $40.00 more for a chome lined bbl In my opinon the quality is just like what I carried in the Corps and contracting.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I think Stagarms, the weapons are not that expensive compared to others you get a chome lined barrel that is standard with all models. I know that Rock River, will charge you about $40.00 more for a chome lined bbl In my opinon the quality is just like what I carried in the Corps and contracting.
I agree with you but I think the OP is choosing on what is readily available in the Philippines.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
M 4 is a generic name. Colt Sued Bushmaster due to patent infiringement but the Judge sided with Bushy stating nobody owns teh M 4 name.
Bushy or Colt , you won;t go wrong.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
M 4 is a generic name. Colt Sued Bushmaster due to patent infiringement but the Judge sided with Bushy stating nobody owns teh M 4 name.
Bushy or Colt , you won;t go wrong.

Read the links above.. May give you an idea of which is best suited to your budget.:cool:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Indeed, a good friend and a treasure trove of anything about firearms, that fella has been after my DMS scope for some time...:supergrin:
Is that the Millett? Which gen? I heard gen 1 have mold problem. If I didn't get my Leupold for a steal I would have opted for the DMS.
I heard they are good for the money.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Is that the Millett? Which gen? I heard gen 1 have mold problem. If I didn't get my Leupold for a steal I would have opted for the DMS.
I heard they are good for the money.
Millett DMS-1 Gen 2. I read several stories regarding the gen 1 mold problems, but I think they're now solved. Only issue are the lens covers that came with it, the front is ok but the rear keeps popping open; I had to tape it shut, and order Butler Creeks. There's a very long thread on this scope at ar15.com.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=326527

Really great, use the red doughnut at 1x for close range, and the 1MOA dot at 4x for long range. I think there's one for sale at Pinoy Guns... The one at Final Option MCS is the Gen 1.

·
Banned
1,497 Posts
What is the model number of the Gen 2 Millett ...? Model number I have is BK81002...??? Or are the model numbers between Generations the same...???

:dunno:

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
What is the model number of the Gen 2 Millett ...? Model number I have is BK81002...??? Or are the model numbers between Generations the same...???

:dunno:
Mine's also BK81002. The Gen 1 had the illumination switch in a turret at the eyepiece, somewhat like a Bushnell or similar illuminated scope. I did see a Gen 1 but didn't get the chance to examine it closely if it had the same model number.

·
Banned
1,497 Posts
Forgive the ignorance.Anyway,between Colt and BushMaster,who makes the better M4 Carbine Rifles/And why?
thanks.
I am in the market for another AR as well -

I have had the Colt LE6920 (regret selling) and numerous RRA's - Can't find another Colt so I've decided to give the Noveske a try I have contacted them waiting for a reply ...

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Re Colt vs. Bushmaster... AFAIK no gunshop here sells brand new Colt M4s, but brand-new Bushmasters can be had, for over P100k. Of course you can always build your own "M4gery", using Colt parts if you can find them.:whistling: Stubborn old me wanted a real Colt, finally found one.

Colt lower receivers at Florida Gun Works sells at $799 each, urk..

·
custom
192 Posts
Maybe for a 2nd hand one.. Almost impossible to find a real Colt M4 with original M4 lower..
Hi Superman79,

I think it's almost impossible to get a brand new Colt M4 in a local gunstore...but out of curiosity, does FED PNP have brand new Colt m4s in stock for LEs ? Since I overheard something regarding a Colt m4 enhanced from a local LE source.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts