close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

m3; m3x; or glock light?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jkslexus, Feb 17, 2005.

1. jkslexus

jkslexus

i know the m3 pushes 80-90 lumens along with the glock, and the m3x push 125 is it worth it to spend a little more and get the brighter? how much brighter is it, im guessing that is really noticeable?

also would you get the m3; m3x; glock light or spend a little more and get the laser/light combo and if so which would you get? m6, m6x or glock light/laser?

thanks for the advice in advanced assuming i get some.
    jon

2. jkslexus

jkslexus

no one knows, atleast i wasnt the only one

3. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

4. AZG23

AZG23

Im having this same dilemma.....Glock light is out...its fugley..its between the M3 and M3X...

I read elsewhere that you really couldnt tell much diff in the 2...from the M3 to the M3X. Now...that said...the M3X is supposed to take a little more punishment.

Im thinking if I used it for LEO work..Id get the M3X...but since its for HD...Im leaning towards the M3 myself.

5. joemerchant24

joemerchant24

I paid the extra and got the M6. Not much bigger, but fun to annoy people with (when it's not mounted, of course).

Watch www.botach.com. They sometimes have the M6 NIB for less than $200.

www.farmpolicesupply.com has M3s everyday priced in the $80s

6. mlmarion55

mlmarion55 1*

Go with the M3X for the little exta $. You won't be sorry.

7. AZG23

AZG23

I ended up with the M3X....damn its nice..125 lumens

8. CAL GLOCKER24

CAL GLOCKER24

"Watch www.botach.com. They sometimes have the M6 NIB for less than $200."

No, don't watch BOTACH!!! I bought from them over 6 weeks ago. My CC was charged, but I don't have anything to show for it. Have been calling/e-mailing daily and still can't get what I paid for.

The low prices are not worth it, in my opinion.

9. shotgun_jimmy

shotgun_jimmy

I got the surefire x200 and I love it!! A friend lent me his m3 for a couple of days so that I could get a feel for it and to help me decide. I went with the surefire because the quality of construction is fantastic. It uses a big led instead of a standard bulb, so no bulb changes required.....EVER!

The tip of the unit is very tough and may be used defensively against a combatant in a retention situation. Plus the battery life is much longer than that of other units in the market. And it is really bright! the only thing is it doesnt throw the light as far as the m3, it being an LED and all. But then, will you really be walking in the dark looking for targets past 40 meters?

It costs a pretty penny but it is worth it.

Oh, and the glock light sucks!

10. husam

husam

I have 4 defrint things look at photo

I liked the glock

11. mike_g19

mike_g19

12. Polo

Polo Brave Babushka Millennium Member

WHAT ABOUT THE M3-LED?

I bought the M3-LED and very happy with it. The built-in LED comes in handy as a low profile discreet light to get around with. Very important IMO when you're on the move in the dark against a suspected intruder and most definitely do not want to fire up that blinding white light just to avoid tripping on a step. I can easily activate the momentary red LED by merely extending my index(trigger) finger and pressing.
    AT 90 lumens, M3 is more than adequate(actually damned bright); but if you still need more and have to spend more for the M3X, M6, etc., sure - it can't hurt.

Asking price for the X200 is plain silly. Sure, it's well made like many other things, but come on...

The Glock light, while I'm sure it works, is one of those things that is so fugly that I just won't buy it. Glock does just fine making pistols and should stick to that.

Beware of Botach indeed. If you must buy, then you would be well advised to call and check stock BEFORE placing order.

My two centies;z

13. PP914

PP914

Ive got the M6 and can see no reason you should get one other than as a novelty item. I thought it would be a good option for LE work as: 1. A deterrent, and; 2. a quickly aceessable sighting system.

Now, after about a year using the M6, I can see very little pratical application for the laser on a defensive duty pistol (nothing a good set of night sights can't overcome). So I will likely sell it and replace it with the Surefie X200.

P.S. the Glock lights are butt ugly!

14. G23inAZ

G23inAZ

I just bought the M3X light, and in a dark room it might as well be daytime!!!! Definately worth the extra money.
    [​IMG]

15. leeadam47

leeadam47

I got the GLOCK tac light and I have had no problems with it, I personally like the shape and style of the GLOCK factory light. I should have spent the extra money for the light laser combo since I know I will probably end up buying later anyways.

16. Clay1

Clay1

It's not even a question. The M3x has almost twice the output of the M3 in lumens and it is all Mil spec these days. The Glock light doesn't even list a lumen count and there is a reason it is low! M3X all of the way. My wife has one on her G34.

17. G23inAZ

G23inAZ

Last Saturday night my dad had his reception for his wedding. In the middle of the room was a 4 foot tall ice sculpture of a swan.The first thing I thought to myself was I want to put a round right through it. In a nutshell, it was midnight when we took the sculpture into the woods to shoot it. I took my M3X light and, DAMN THAT THING IS BRIGHT!!!!! I swear I could see throught the trees as though I had a spotlight. I am glad I spent the extra money for the M3X.

18. glockandme

glockandme

19. GunAddict

GunAddict

wow thats a great price. i may have to pick up another m3x.

20. Clay1

Clay1

Botach still has them for $119