M&P40 PRO....wow

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by cmspeedy, Feb 18, 2010.

1. cmspeedy

cmspeedy

I have an M&P40 with an Apex sear and it is awesome. I am very impressed with it's accuracy and so far it's reliability through plenty of rounds. The gun just operates very smoothly - much more so than the G22 I have handled and shot lately.

My brother was so impressed he just picked up an M&P40 PRO 4.25 with trijicon Night Sights and WOW is it a lot of gun for the money IMO. It comes with a S&W performance center trigger job (his registered 4.5 lb brand new) and the factory night sights.

The trigger on his gun is awesome and I am very impressed with the build quality.

Going to the range tomorrow - I'll give an update. In my experience these are very accurate shooters.

2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

yep, the Pro's are nice.
    My M&P9 Pro trigger weighed in at 4Lbs 2oz. and switching to the Apex sear it dropped down to 3Lbs 5oz. and a shorter reset.

3. cmspeedy

cmspeedy

I'm impressed and believe it an outstanding value - for around $600 you get a factory gun with a smoothed up trigger and night sights. Really no mods at all should be needed IMO. This is an awesome gun. They will sell the crap out of these IMO.

I plan on shooting the crap out of my Regular M&P40 and seeing how it holds up. They seem to be doing well they've been out a while and my gun has the updated firing pin.

4. Small Tony

Small Tony

I have bought a few M&Ps recently but what is the difference between the M&P.40 and .40 Pro? Or the M&P.9 and 9mm Pro? Thanks.

5. MAGICMANIA

MAGICMANIA

Congrats on the purchase. I am trying to decide between a M&P Pro in 9mm or a Glock 34.

6. Quack

Quack Rent this space

the difference between the 9L and 9Pro is the 9Pro a better sear (tool steel vs. MIM) that is tuned by the Performance Center and the Pro also had different sights.

7. cmspeedy

cmspeedy

Yup - Installed night sights or fiber optics on the pros and the improved performance center sear.

I think if you shot a G34 and a S&W M&P9 pro - you would buy the M&P.

I own both and the M&P is an upgrade IMO.

My Glocks won't be going anywhere as they are awesome for their dependability and ruggedness. I have also mastered the triggers. In 9mm and 10mm I'm still a Glock guy, but in .40 the S&W's really feel nice.

I would highly recommend them...

Having said that I noticed one local dealer slashed his prices on Gen 3 Glocks as he Gen 4's are showing up in piles.

Some great deals on Gen 3's should be had be those who don't want gen 4's. This dealer seemed scared he would get stuck with a bunch of inventory nobody wants. Cheapest prices I've seen in years.

I don't think the Gen 4's are that much of a leap forward, so I am not rushing to jump on that band wagon.

8. StoneDog

StoneDog

You guys are making me want to go trade in my G23 for the slight bigger but better M&P40 Pro... Stop it!

9. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I have the M&P9 Pro and love it. Great trigger and great shooting gun. I didn't even know that they were making a 40 Pro. Very cool.

10. MAGICMANIA

MAGICMANIA

I am leaning towards the Pro 9mm because of the beavertail I have rather large hands. I am not going to get rid of my 3 Glocks but switching to another brand is very hard foir some reason.

11. Small Tony

Small Tony

Funny........I swear I had the same feelings when I was debating whether or not to buy a M&P. No joke I felt like I was cheating on my girlfriend. I felt like I was betraying my best friend.

It was my first gun I ever owned (G27) it never in two years had one malfunction of any kind. Then in talking to my instructor he says "Your gun is an object with no feelings. There is no reason you can't have both!"

Then once my hands wrapped around the small back strap I went on an M&P buying spree.

However, to balance it out my feelings I have a G22 Gen 4 coming in next week...

12. Girevik61

Girevik61

13. MAGICMANIA

MAGICMANIA

Is there humor in these posts since you added so much to the conversation. But I see most of the posts you make do not add anything, I am sure you will help this thread get locked as well.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  14. Girevik61

Girevik61

I find it amusing that you have to spend extra $$$$ for a "Pro" model to get a halfway decent trigger.
    M&P's are a Farce.

15. GlockPride

GlockPride M&P

The should do the L models in 9 & 40 with the Pro goodies on them!

16. MacG22

MacG22 CLM

Based upon what? Does it not shoot? Is it inaccurate? Does it fall apart in your hand?

You choice of the word "farce" identified your post for what it was...forgettable.

17. Twisted Steel

Twisted Steel And Sex Appeal

It's been a bad week for the Glock fanboys.

When I saw this thread, I thought if I was an NFL official I would throw a flag for 'piling on'. :rofl::rofl:

18. Girevik61

Girevik61

My Glocks are keepers, the M&P wasnt.

19. MacG22

MacG22 CLM

Thus a farce?

20. MacG22

MacG22 CLM

And also, what made it "not a keeper"? Did you not shoot it well? Did it fall apart in your hand? Did you not like the way it looked?