M&P Sport 2 vs Radical Firearms

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Ollies930, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

DO NOT stone or polish any trigger on a military style trigger. They are case hardened with a very thin layer of hardened metal that will easily be worn away by most any amount of stoning and polishing. You will end up with am unreliable trigger eventually...maybe not for 300 rounds. Maybe not 800.. But eventually. Its your gun, do what you want.

2. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Op ... Congrats on your decision. You'll get a solid rifle. If there ever is an issue, like I had, they bent over backwards to take care of me and honestly, I was glad it happened I can't out so far ahead. This was before they laser measured their lowers. The holidays will have some triggers on sale and you and I can upgrade then

3. garya1961

garya1961

I really like my Sport II but I wouldn't pay today's pricing for one either. Don't be in too big of a hurry to swap barrels. I have seen reports where the 223 wylde barrel didn't shoot as good as the 556 barrel. As for the trigger I may would do a little polishing with some light car polish but I wouldn't do anything to remove any metal. I bought a PSA 2 stage trigger for $69 did a little light polishing and replaced the sear spring with a lighter one out of a spring kit and it's a really good trigger. Some will say you are better to buy the Larue trigger and they may be right but I'm happy with my PSA and I think I saw where you already bought a spring kit.

4. ACE31

ACE31

Can't beat the Larue MBT-2S for the money as a upgrade.

Slotback likes this.
  5. ACE31

ACE31

If you want a trigger upgrade that is.

6. Ollies930

Ollies930

I know that there are many good triggers out there, but I want to see what can be done with the stock trigger first. Between the springs and some careful sanding/polishing and limiting pre travel, I think the stock trigger can be made a lot better. Maybe not competition grade 1.5lb pull better, but I like to tinker and play with stuff. This is a target/race gun, not a self defense gun, so I have some leeway in what I can do without worrying if I am screwing up something that is supposed to save my life.
    But Larue is in the hunt for a future barrel upgrade.

7. MD357

MD357

Sounds like you should've just built one if you're already talking about switching the barrel out.

8. Ollies930

Ollies930

I did check pricing on building one from scratch, but with current pricing on parts, it would have cost a lot more than buying this one outright. And for now I have a functioning rifle that I can play with and get used to, as well as learning all the little intricacies of an AR 15, since this is my first one. Knowing me, by the time I am done with this gun, chances are that I will have 90% of the parts to build another one. But it will be a fun journey.

PattonWasRight and garya1961 like this.