GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering ordering a Milt sparks holster for my shield. Probably a criterion or nexus. Anyone on here using either of these? Is there any other better options for an open top, forward cant, offset clipped holster in top quality leather?
Nexus.jpg

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,420 Posts
Galco ‘Stinger’.
My Shield rides in one of these, as well as several of my Glock(s).

Reactions: 61176

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, forgot to say iwb. So maybe a galco summer comfort? I see they are giving 20% off for the week. But the Milt Sparks, it just seems so nice.....

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I was 100% leather for many years. Would not even consider a kydex holster. When I got my Shield 9 a friend convinced me to try a Blade Tech Nano. Have been very happy with it for a number of years now. If your mind is open to Kydex put this one on your short list. Pic is not mine.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
OP, if you go with Milt Sparks, add the self closing loops. Instead of snaps, these use magnets, making mounting and removing from your belt much, much easier. I'm a fan of MS, but you might take a look at the offerings from 1791. Very nice holsters at a decent price.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I like the nexus.For a small semi auto like the shield i usually the summer special 2.The nexus or criterion are nice holsters for G19s or 1911s.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm considering ordering a Milt sparks holster for my shield. Probably a criterion or nexus. Anyone on here using either of these? Is there any other better options for an open top, forward cant, offset clipped holster in top quality leather?
View attachment 873054
This is a holster I bought from Soteria leather:
Various photo images.JPG
Link:
Inside the Waistband (soterialeather.com)

They make some fancy holsters also or you can buy one like I have pictured above.
Quality is excellent.

FWIW, some history: when the S&W Shield 9mm came out in March/April 2012, I purchased one. I had read about Soteria Leather holsters through an article by Mas Ayoob (I've taken a few of his courses over the years).

I talked to Cerisse Wilson (owner and holster maker) of Soteria Leather. I asked her if she had a holster for my new S&W shield 9mm. She had not seen the pistol yet. She contacted me after she borrowed a pistol and made a very nice leather holster for me.

A worthwhile option...... :)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Check out Wright Leatherworks Predator' I've been carrying my Sheild for 3years love it!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I almost bought a galco summer special this weekend. Til I noticed that I'd have to pay an extra $30 for the 1 1/4" belt loops. That's half the cost of the holster! I asked them if I could just order it with the right loops and they said no. So galco is ruled out.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I bought a Alien Gear hybrid for my Shield 1.0. I have been very happy with it. If you change firearms, they will trade the kydex shell for free (except for shipping). Very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I bought a Alien Gear hybrid for my Shield 1.0. I have been very happy with it. If you change firearms, they will trade the kydex shell for free (except for shipping). Very comfortable.

·
Standing my ground...
1,317 Posts
Give lobogunleather.com's site a try. They do good work and make a quality holster for a good price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts