·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Deleted.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Love my 40 cal Shield. My buddy is carrying it while the XDs I traded him for is at Springfield Armory for the recall. Enjoy your new carry gun.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Congrats on the new Shield, Willie--be careful with that extend magazine with the sleeve. I remember when I first got mine and tried to slam the magazine in there, the sleeve pinched the crap out of one of my strong side fingers! I took it off and it solved two problems: fingers getting pinched during reloads, and figuring out which magazine pouch to carry it in. I did the same with my XD-S magazines, and just removed the sleeve/adapter.

Here's mine in its Comp-Tac MTAC:

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
My guess is that you will like even more when you shoot it. I don't doubt that they move through the supply chain quickly as it still seems there usually is a wait to get one.

·
Registered
30,327 Posts
I liked my 9mm so much I bought a 40S&W.

Two lady friends have the 9mm.

Everyone that's shot the guns likes them.

The local gun stores are still having trouble getting them.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
It's a great little gun for what it is.. I personally can't stand how skinny it is. I carry a full size M&P 9... I'm going to later pick up a C.O.R.E. model in a 5inch barrel and carry that with a RMR...

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It's a great little gun for what it is.. I personally can't stand how skinny it is. I carry a full size M&P 9... I'm going to later pick up a C.O.R.E. model in a 5inch barrel and carry that with a RMR...
RDS for carry? I've never heard of anyone doing that. I do like the CORE pistol, and if I shot IPSC/USPSA I would go for it.

I like my shield in a sticky holster. I stuff it in a pocket or iwb on a lark instead of having to plan my get-up.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your carry requirements include large round capacity along with sight enhancement. Either your profession or environment has elements that drive the decision for your firearm choice. Mine are different and a skinny easily concealable handgun is sufficient. I use other options for home defense and travel.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the same gun and love it.

Congrats, Willie!
Thanks, I've often read that you along with others have spoken favorably of the Shield and that is the reasons it got my attention. It so happened the small local shop, just that day, received two, so I went for one while it was in hand.

The other nearby bigger shop has a greater Shield inventory but I managed to always get the ghost edition-- as the clerk often said, "yea we had a few yesterday."

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on the new Shield, Willie--be careful with that extend magazine with the sleeve...

Thanks and I'll take care with those mag sleeves. How do you like your holster?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I liked my Shield 9 while I had it... To me the XDS feels better in my hands. Congrats on a fine pistola!!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I bought one last year, and gave it a workout at the range. I used all different weights of bullet, and each weight in truncated, ball, and hollow point. I was amazed that it ran every round perfectly, and they were all in the black.
I am very happy with mine, and it's way more pistol than a mouse gun is.

·
Grip n Rip!
116 Posts
I like mine in 40. It carries better than my G19. But it has a bit of a kick. I'll get around to looking for a 9mm barrel for it some day.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,589 Posts
Congrats on the Shield!!!!!!

My Shield .40 is what I carry now.

The G26 has sat in the safe for several months, now, beside the G30SF that I had almost forgotten about.:supergrin:

To those concerned about the thumb safety..... don't use it!!! See.... now it's a non-issue.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Congrats on the new Shield, Willie--be careful with that extend magazine with the sleeve. I remember when I first got mine and tried to slam the magazine in there, the sleeve pinched the crap out of one of my strong side fingers! I took it off and it solved two problems: fingers getting pinched during reloads, and figuring out which magazine pouch to carry it in. I did the same with my XD-S magazines, and just removed the sleeve/adapter.

This holster looks much more compact than the Crossbreed SuperTuck I've been looking at for my Shield 9mm. I would greatly appreciate any comments or criticisms about the holster's stability and comfort, etc.

·
Registered
30,722 Posts
Congrats on the new Shield 9,

I've been occasionally shooting the 9 & .40 versions at our range. Handy, controllable, thin, light & quite accurate.

I was especially surprised by how controllable the little Shield 40 was, compared to my M&P 40c, G27 & 4040PD. Interesting.

I've also been noticing how quickly the Shield 9's are appearing in the hands of a variety of our folks, from experienced shooters (including instructors) to "not-so-experienced" shooters. It seems every time I work the range I see a new Shield owner.

A number of guys who otherwise carry Glocks have been buying and carrying Shields. Apparently, the slimness of the Shield is appealing to a cross section of Glock owners who are looking for smaller off-duty weapons in "duty calibers" than the Glock subcompact 9/.40's.

If I didn't already own several other small 9's I'd be very tempted to add one to my retirement CCW collection.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts