Glock Talk banner

M&P M2.0 C.O.R.E

2404 5
S&W finally released M2.0 C.O.R.E. pistols in 5 and 4.25 inch ported and imported variants in both 9mm and .40.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

I've been waiting for an optics ready M2.0 for over a year. I finally gave up last week and ordered a Sig P320 X5 legion. Today was the pickup.

I would have much preferred the M2.0's low bore axis and tall co-witness sights. Not to mention comparability with my existing holster and magazines.

Ref:
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-mp-9-m20-core-pro-series-5-barrel
Reactions: AdamRodgers
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,422 Posts
Not sure I could buy another m&p after the first version had some many short comings do to third rate triggers and spotty accuracy in 9mm . Plus the p320 X series trigger is very good in the 4lbs range as it comes from sig along with very good accuracy .

Still hard to find any accuracy claims or comparisons of the m&p 4.25 or 5" 2.0 models .

· Registered
3,422 Posts
I will admit uspsa type shooting matchs does not require accurate handguns , 3" even 4" groups most times will get the job done but that 9mm core of my wifes was more like a buck shot pattern than a well fired group but then that's how some of there barrels and lock up was with many of those . That's ok apex trigger group and gs fit barrel fixed that ! hers was so out of spec the gunsmith fit barrel was darn near a drop in fit .

My daughter wanted a 40sw as a house gun and liked mom's trigger so I put a apex fss kit in it too as it also has a thumb safety . 5 years later she wanted to trade for a in between sized 9mm that she could also carry so I got her m&p 4.25 40sw in a trade . Not expecting great accuracy the first 15 rounds fired from it for me was my normal 155gr practice ammo stayed well controlled in a 3.5-4.5" group at 15 yards fired standing with a average split time of .780 . Not bad for a first time fired new to me handgun .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.