Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if any differences are there between a current production version and one with a late 2007 build date? I have the opportunity to pick one up that has been gently used for 975 bucks and want to make sure there are no issues. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
To my knowledge the early Smiths were made by Stag. At some point S&W started making them thierselves. When? I'm not certain. Perhaps someone else can help.

The ones made by S&W seem to be held in higher regards than the earlier S&W models made by Stag.

·
Banned
3,163 Posts
Again. If your serial number starts with SM it was made by S&W.

Sorry...I typed wrong. It starts with SW, not SM. That means that Stag built it, right? It seems to be pretty early production, the serial # is SW013XX, so it should be one of the first 1400 built, if I'm getting this right.

I must add that it's a great rifle!

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Stag is the commercial company for CMT. CMT makes parts for many AR manufacturers (including Colt).

Unless it has all the trimmings, $975 is a little steep.

·
Banned
3,163 Posts
Stag is the commercial company for CMT. CMT makes parts for many AR manufacturers (including Colt).

Unless it has all the trimmings, $975 is a little steep.
The T models are pretty trimmed-out. Troy industries fre-float quad rail and BUASs. $975 sounds good for a rifle that lists around $1400.00

·
Registered
139 Posts
The T-Series I've handled also had 2 stage triggers. I love them, the quality is excellent and when it came out not many were offering such a well loaded AR for the price. I think that's more than fair price. You are getting a real deal. Get it and if you don't like it sell it to me.

·
Banned
3,163 Posts
..this thread got me interested in the specifics of my M&P15T, so I sent an e-mail to S&W customer service asking when mine was built, which parts (who built it) and which BCG is in it.

I just got a response. It seems my rifle was built in-house using Stag parts and an LMT BCG, back in 2006. So, I am happy.

Just a great rifle (albeit the only real M4gery I have ever owned, so nothing to compare it to. I must admitt that I am absolutely drooling over POF piston ARs. I got to handle one at a Gander Mountain, and they are just amazing rifles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts