lynnwood, wa gunshop robbed of over 100 handguns

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by youngvr4, Mar 29, 2010.

1. youngvr4

youngvr4

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22970850/detail.html

i bought my ak pistol from this store, the sitiuation seems a little fishy to me.

funny thing is, the news mentioned there wee over 100 semi-automatic weapons stolen from the store. my mom immediatly thought it was "assault rifles" lol i told her "mom, your gun is semi-automatic" and she just replies "oh"

2. rahrah12

rahrah12

I live in Lynnwood and this is the first I am hearing of this. What is the name of the store?

3. RichJ

RichJ

So the store owner was in the back doing inventory when the theft happened.

There was no one else working the counter.

Thief managed to carry all 100 handguns out of the store without drawing any attention.

It says all of the handguns stolen were on display. When was the last time you went into a gun shop that had 100 handguns under glass? It would have had to have been a gun MEGASTORE, and in that case there would have been at least someone working the front while homeboy was doing inventory.

Not even Cabelas has 100 on display.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. GLOCKLOVER74

GLOCKLOVER74 NRA MEMBER

yeah..Something smells fishy there.

5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

6. Berto

Berto woo woo

No security cameras.
    I know he carries lots of oddball ammo, which is good.

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Wow, where do you live? When's the last time I went in a store that had less than 100 handguns on display - it's been a while.

When we had Sportsman's Warehous, it may have had under 100 handguns, but it was a crappy store. Our real gun stores? Way over 100.

8. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

The gun shops I buy from have more than 100 handguns on display. They're under glass, locked, but have 3+ employees running around behind the counter. Someone must have seen something since it was around noon.

9. jlprtr

jlprtr CLM

10. remat

remat

My local shop a little further south has over 100 pistols on display in glass cases. Never only one guy running the show though and I bet the cases lock.

11. Kozel

Kozel

I think I know which gun shop it is. It used to be in small white house and then moved about two miles north to the strip mall. Good shop, good selection but 100 handguns!? That would be their entire inventory of handguns!

How the heck can anybody steal all those guns in the middle of as day? Something does not sound right.

Remember Bulls Eye in Tacoma? Owner was “missing” thousands of guns from his paperwork. It would be so convenient for somebody to come in and “steal’ all those guns.

12. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Bigfoot enthusiast enthusiast

Kieths in Gresham Oregon has well over 100 handguns on display

13. Berto

Berto woo woo

I'm a huge fan of DJ's but I did get my Nagant Revolver from Lynnwood, and he always has 7.5 Swiss in stock.
    It wouldn't surprise me if some of the losers next door were involved.

14. Berto

Berto woo woo

That's [sucks]Adventure Sports[/suck].

15. Jake0331

Jake0331

Yeah, this was not Adventure Sports, though. This place has no where near 100 firearms displayed. It's only like 10' wide and 20' deep. That sucks, man. I was just thinking of going in there to see what dude had ammo-wise.

16. Morris

Morris CLM

The business name is Lynnwood Guns. This was not Adventure Sports, which has moved to their own building south of 196th and just east of 99.

The owner was not at the store. It was burglarized at night via suspect(s) crawling underneath an overhang which supports his floor. They ripped away from underneath and gained access. The business did not have cameras and no monitored security system. The location was on the outside of the business and offered excellent concealment from the facing highway and side street on the back.

The 100 guns identified are semi-automatics. Which could mean both long and handguns. Much of the information was derived from a Lynnwood PD press release and report.

And yes, it's all rather curious. However, over the last 10 years, several gun stores have been burglarized via rooftop access (cutting away at the roof, creating a hole - Wade's - now monitored via alarm and camera), driving a car into a business front end to smash it open (attempt at Top Guns/Shoreline - now with steel poles/bollards in front of the business) and so on.

Insurers, rightfully spooked at the thefts, have demanded some things from stores including securing all firearms in a different room, ceiling security, security windows/doors, bars, etc.

17. jlprtr

jlprtr CLM

Correct; it was Lynnwood Gun. I would shop there before I tried Adventure Sports, but that's just me. I don't find the people that work at AS to be very friendly at all.

He does have a lower area, but it is probably just storage, and I would think also a safe. Like Jake said, the sales floor is tiny.

18. rahrah12

rahrah12

I've been there once...pretty small store but the guy seemed nice enough to me. Doubt he had 100+ guns in there but that is for the police to figure out.

I personally prefer Adventure Sports.

19. presto_z

presto_z

I work at a gun shop in southwest FL and we easily have over 200 handguns on display and we are not a superstore, one person with a duffle bag could haul out 100 guns in 2 trips fairly easily.. Every gun a gunshop has gets logged in and out in ATF log books, as long as he is up to date on his log books he should be able to show all the guns that were stolen fairly easily... The owner either accidentally left the place unlocked, fell asleep lol, or is very dishonest

20. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

In the store alone, they have over 2,500 guns total. That's not including the basement, which is filled with the stuff they take exclusively to the Portland Gun Show.

So yeah, 100 is nothing.