Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Lynn - I was influenced to buy 1 pair of Danksos...

Then they came in and were too small, so I went to the store to try on sizes and found that my uniform store was having a sale...so I bought these:

I also really liked these:

but I was going to wait awhile before getting them...until work the other day. The day after the tornados we were all joking around that our assignments were so terrible, the winds were blowing, and we felt like we needed ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz so we could "click our heels" and say the magic words "There's no place like home" and be instantly transported back to our beds....

So I ordered them yesterday.

Lynn you are an evil, bad influence on me and my chekcbook - as I was contemplating the order...all I saw was your face telling me "You can never have enough Danskos....go ahead, it's a tax deduction". EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL EVIL!!!!!

But I do love the shoes and my back, knees, and feet do feel better....you were right!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by crochetmama
I can't wait until I can get mine. :banana:
They are addictive - you can't just have 1 pair!!!! I got 1 pair and then went out and got another...and now ordered another!!!!!

LYNN HAS CORRUPTED US ALL!!!!!!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
I am SOOOOOOOOOO tempted...
DO IT - give in to temptation...your feet will thank you!!!!! MMMUUUHHHAAAAAA

Which ones will you get...when you give in??

·
Sharon, you will be missed.
26,373 Posts
Originally posted by rnchick
DO IT - give in to temptation...your feet will thank you!!!!! MMMUUUHHHAAAAAA

Which ones will you get...when you give in??
oh boy...I have no clue. The bootie clogs are darn cute. But maybe more of a winter shoe. I LOVE the open back clogs, there's actually one in the kids shoes that I am tempted to order, cause I can generally wear kids sizes, but I think I'd have to try them on first. Found a couple local places that carry them, but I'm not even gonna think about it much til after this week :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Mrs. VR
oh boy...I have no clue. The bootie clogs are darn cute. But maybe more of a winter shoe. I LOVE the open back clogs, there's actually one in the kids shoes that I am tempted to order, cause I can generally wear kids sizes, but I think I'd have to try them on first. Found a couple local places that carry them, but I'm not even gonna think about it much til after this week :)
Try them on 1st definately - I found they ran a little on the small side for me. But yeah - wait until after this week!!!! You have enough going on!!!!

·
Bullseye?
715 Posts
I'm glad I have been able to cause a "corruption" amongst y'all. Somethin' I can be proud of and include on my resume for my next job :)

I am strongly thinking about a new pair of patents...my current pair (black) are 41 that feel smaller than my other pair of blue steel 41. I'm starting to think my feets is growin.....

So, striped patent versus Dansko sandals (you up for those, S?)......

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

What to do?

Lynn

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Lynn D
I'm glad I have been able to cause a "corruption" amongst y'all. Somethin' I can be proud of and include on my resume for my next job :)

I am strongly thinking about a new pair of patents...my current pair (black) are 41 that feel smaller than my other pair of blue steel 41. I'm starting to think my feets is growin.....

So, striped patent versus Dansko sandals (you up for those, S?)......

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

What to do?

Lynn
GET BOTH!!!!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Lynn D
Ooooo.....

Do you think I should?????You're asking me?? OF course I think you should!!!!!

GET BOTH!!!!! You NEED them!!!!

Lynn

:banana: :banana:

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
I have a shoe problem.
Er.......no............... make that......... an --

inventory problem..........er........well, not exactly....... actually.......

:eyelashes:

it's a bona fide addiction (of sorts. And, no, thank you, I decline treatment.) :shoe: :shoe: :shoe: :shoe: :eyelashes:

So...... what website does one go to for these clogs? And what percentage of my housepayment do they cost? :scared:

·
Bullseye?
715 Posts
Originally posted by MB-G26
I have a shoe problem.
Er.......no............... make that......... an --

inventory problem..........er........well, not exactly....... actually.......

:eyelashes:

it's a bona fide addiction (of sorts. And, no, thank you, I decline treatment.) :shoe: :shoe: :shoe: :shoe: :eyelashes:

So...... what website does one go to for these clogs? And what percentage of my housepayment do they cost? :scared:
Mel -

Site you want is www.dansko.com and you can look at the whole line. Some of the clogs, like the Professional are unisex, so maybe your handsome friend might like a pair.

The clogs generally go between $100-125, but they last forever. I've been wearing mine at work for 2 years now. Still as comfortable as the day I bought them

Now, they also have sandals and shoes, but since the uniform shops here hardly ever carry those, I couldn't give you a ball park on em.

They are European sized, so definitely go to a shop the first time to get your size. I wear a regular size 10, which for me, works best in European as a 41. Once you know that, you might find you can get some good deals on Ebay. I know of a coworker who bought a brand new pair there for "tons" less than she would have paid retail.

Hope we get you to join the club!!!!

Lynn

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I'll be joining the club very soon. Scott and I went to the mall last night and I showed him the clog. He liked them. Said they were cute. MAYBE next payday - next week. MAYBE. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My easter egg shoes are coming in UPS tomorrow - the right size and everything!!! Now I am waiting forthe UPS shipping notification that my red clogs are coming soon!!!!

I also have a new special purse coming in the mail tomorrow too - WOOOHOOO The postal workers are going to love me!!!!

:supergrin: :supergrin: :rollsmiley: :rollsmiley: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

·
Bullseye?
715 Posts
Originally posted by rnchick
My easter egg shoes are coming in UPS tomorrow - the right size and everything!!! Now I am waiting forthe UPS shipping notification that my red clogs are coming soon!!!!

I also have a new special purse coming in the mail tomorrow too - WOOOHOOO The postal workers are going to love me!!!!

:supergrin: :supergrin: :rollsmiley: :rollsmiley: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
And what kind of "special" purse are ya gettin'? And does it coordinate with the new shoes????

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Lynn

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually the special purse came today (early - thanks DHL) - the Galco Meridian purse!!!! It's kinda spendy, but super nice! It smells likethe Coach store in my house now!!!

·
Bullseye?
715 Posts
Oooooo......it's a nice-a purse.

You'll have to let me know how you like it. I may want to get something like that for the times that I can't/don't want to carry on body......

Lynn

·
Southern Lady
14,751 Posts
I have Clark Clogs that look a little bit like the second pair. They are so comfortable. They are a little bit on the expensive side, but not too!

I broke my foot in September and they have been my first step back to "normal shoes" besides my New Balance Sneakers!

I love them but am so ready for "pretty shoes" again!

I have very "petite feet" (size 4 1/2 ladies or size 2 1/2 to 3 girls shoes!) so I am very shoe challenged! It is very hard to find shoes that fit me!

Anyone else have my problem? Suggestions?

·
Bullseye?
715 Posts
Originally posted by kcb405
I have Clark Clogs that look a little bit like the second pair. They are so comfortable. They are a little bit on the expensive side, but not too!

I broke my foot in September and they have been my first step back to "normal shoes" besides my New Balance Sneakers!

I love them but am so ready for "pretty shoes" again!

I have very "petite feet" (size 4 1/2 ladies or size 2 1/2 to 3 girls shoes!) so I am very shoe challenged! It is very hard to find shoes that fit me!

Anyone else have my problem? Suggestions?
Sorry, darlin', but I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum at a size 10. Your best bet is to wear what is comfortable and easy at this point. New Balance are awesome for folks with troublesome feets! I have a pair for my orthotics.

I can't imagine have such tiny feet as you. I was wearing size 5 when I was 8....

Shoes, I think I need to buy some shoes!

Lynn

1 - 20 of 24 Posts