close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lyme Disease Coverup

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Carolina Drifter, Mar 6, 2010.

1. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

Oh good gosh. The way to prove an assertion is not to use bad facts, lies and pure silliness. We could start with Dr. Traub's lack of involvement with Plum Island. He turned down the job offer.

2. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Does anyone else get tired of all the controversy?

Artificial sweeteners
    AIDS/HIV
    Birth certificate
    Swine Flu
    Bird Flu
    Vaccines
    Moon Landing

on
    &
    on
    &
    on

:faint:

3. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

So the next time you see anything about disease you should just skip over it, DUH.

4. migm

migm

Seriously?

5. walt cowan

walt cowan

:rofl: did someone say, "moon landings"?:rofl:

6. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

From what I've read the part about plum island is complete bs. There is no way our government could hide something like that, in addition the illness is exactly the wrong type to be used for a weapon.

That said there is a lot of crap going on with Lyme. The major panel of the IDSA was found to be biased when they made their treatment guidelines, they are supposed to have to redo the guidelines due to that. The Ct state AG sued them for that. There are two schools of thought, one is that "chronic lyme" is a real condition caused by the bacteria still being in the blood stream after 90 days of antibiotic therapy, and the other is "post lyme syndrome" where the bacteria is dead but the damage it did to the immune system and the joints continues.

What I still don't get about the medical community is why the disease is not treated individually on a symptom basis? I mean I think this is the only disease they tell people that if they continue to have symptoms after 90 days it's just a syndrome, and that more antibiotics won't help. From what I've read and seen most illnesses are treated with medication after the symptoms clear up to make sure there is no significant amount of bacteria left.

Anyone who wants to trade a day in my life is welcome to it. It consists of pain, boredom, frustration, fatigue, and another dozen or so other symptoms. Remember to wear your DEET.

7. SanityAssassin

SanityAssassin

Not that I buy into a conspiracy, but I do buy into incompetence, so I don't see a 'bad weapon system' as proof that it didn't come out of the lab :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  8. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

I had/have it. Is it gone completely? Sometimes I have my doubts.

I don't know about any conspiracies, but the sickness is no fun............

9. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

The problem with lyme is the variables. You don't know how long until symptoms, you don't know how long till it would incapacitate, and it is a vector born illness primarily, although there have been cases of transmission by bodily fluid.

I've had it for something like 13 years, 10 years of treatment in May and I'm still in bad shape. I'm sure I was re-infected but still. I hope you're doing better, if you want to bs about it shoot me a message.

10. SanityAssassin

SanityAssassin

Its not like, even now, we can write up genetic code and have a designer bacteria. And back then, well, the dark ages for sure. So I think it is plausible that someone, trying to make a bacterial weapon, could develop something like the lyme bacteria in the process, and it could, though sheer stupidity, incompetence and bad luck, make it into the population.

But from what I've read about it, the different species of borrelia, where its found, and historical records of disease that sound a lot like it, it seems very unlikely that it was created in 1970.

But the former Nazi scientists angle is win. :tongueout:

11. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

Now that's meaningful input, Thanks. :wavey:

12. migm

migm

Lyme disease can spread just about anywhere (heart, brain, joints).. about 10% of people infected with lyme that are untreated develop chronic arthritis in weight bearing joints (knee, usually).. it's usually associated with a particular immune system type. It can also cause brain damage over time.. but all this shouldn't happen if you've been treated properly. Were you on penicillin or doxycycline or something like this? Can I ask what symptoms you're experiencing?

13. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

I've been on penicillin injections, doxycycline, rocephin IV, amoxicillin, biaxin, levaquin, bactrim, augmenton, flagyl, tindazole, zithromax, cefzil, ceftin, ciproflaxin, and several others I can't even remember. I am on doxycycline right now. The problem was the lyme had a lot of time to build up in me, well over 3 years of no treatment. The other issue is I had co-infections(probably still have bartonella) which overlap symptoms.

14. migm

migm

What species (of bartonella)? do you happen to remember?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  15. NorthCarolinaLiberty

NorthCarolinaLiberty MentalDefective

-----

Last edited: Mar 7, 2010
  16. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

The problem is that I've never tested positive for it. I've never had my blood cultured to find out. I have the symptomology and the rash that is common, so my doctor believes I may have it. The problem with me is I don't test well, for lyme or bartonella. The tests both detect immune system reactions to the organisms, yet my body doesnt produce quantifiable amounts. I have 3/5 of the Lyme bands for instance.

17. migm

migm

Perhaps some steroid injections are in order if its autoimmune. Measurements of C-reactive protein, erythyrocyte sedimentation rates..?

PS i only have part of an MD, so this doesn't constitute real medical advice. I think a second opinion is warranted, if you're still feeling symptoms. Your PCP should encourage this