Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a LWD 3.5 connector and a NY1 8 pound trigger spring. I like it, a little different, because after I pull the trigger it does not stay in the rear position as it does with the stock set up, but pops back out...due to the difference in trigger spring I'm sure (NY1 VS. COIL)

My question is this...If I were to eliminate trigger over travel etc...and was going to go with the LWD ultimate trigger stop or the Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector, which would you guys and gals recommend?

The LWD essentially replaces the entire trigger housing, and is adjustable by turning a screw in the rear of the housing...adjusting the amount of over travel.

The Rocket, is just a special connector that needs to have a certain amount of metal removed, by doing a little grinding etc..(which I would just have a gun smith do) thus regulating the amount of trigger travel/over travel.

Which platform will "stand the test of time" the best?

One thing that concerns me about the LW, is that over time that adjustment screw will turn ever so slightly, and effect the trigger performance vs. the Rocket, which of coarse is cut in to the connector eliminating any posibilties of that??

Any of you folks with experience with either one of these parts please, please educate me.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
I have used both without issue. Once you set the LWD use epoxy or red loctite and wait 24 hours before shooting. With the Ghost Rocket go slow and check often, If you remove too much of the tab you will not accomplish much.

·
hedgehog
1,447 Posts
is this for a comp gun ?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is this for a comp gun ?
No, for CCW.

I'm starting to think that I will just leave it be for that very reason. But what does concern me currently, is the new NY1 spring I just added. With the stock connector & spring...when the pistol is cocked and dry fired, the trigger will stay to the rear or "fired position", my G17 with the LWD 3.5 connector and NY1 when dry fired, is letting the gun dry fire, but when I release my finger from the trigger, it is springing forward, and pulling the trigger at that point (without cocking it) is nothing but play.

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
It spring back after you dry fire it? I dont know to much about the NY1 trigger spring but I would take the gun apart and re-check everything. I'm ALMOST sure somebody who knows will chime in soon.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It spring back after you dry fire it? I dont know to much about the NY1 trigger spring but I would take the gun apart and re-check everything. I'm ALMOST sure somebody who knows will chime in soon.
I checked everything out twice...based on how the NY1 works, it compresses downward...or straight up and down vs the factory coil, being stretched from from either end, is the reason. With the NY1 when you release the trigger the spring is forcing the trigger bar up, I think this may be the reason??

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
You may be right like I said i dont know much about it. I need to learn more on this topic.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Tagged

·
NRA Member
2,412 Posts
Stock spring pulls the trigger back. NY springs push the trigger forward.

No problem with what you're describing.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stock spring pulls the trigger back. NY springs push the trigger forward.

No problem with what you're describing.
I really hope so, thought it was very strange at first???

Now to figure out if it is worth installing the 3.5 Ghost Rocket or the LWD trigger stop...this is not a comp gun and will be used primarily as a CCW/duty gun(private sector).

Will these two parts make you trigger feel that much different, by eliminating TONS of over travel and/or shortening the over all pull?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well the ghost connector will not eliminate over travel I just did some trigger work on my 22c
LWD Trigger Stop
LWD 3.5 Connector
Wolfe 4lb Striker Spring
Wolfe 6lb Trigger Spring

its great Light short and smooth pull and a fast crisp reset
With the trigger stop the trigger is back far enough that the trigger safety is already disengaged

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,319 Posts
I chose the LWD product because the install is easier than the Ghost Rocket and it allows for you to correct your mistakes.

Regards,
Happyguy:)

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
The LWD ultimate trigger stop only gets rid of overtravel and shortens trigger reset it does not shorten trigger pull.It does not move the trigger back and does not dissingage the trigger safety till you press the trigger rearward.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It sounds like the LWD trigger stop gets the nod more so than the Ghost Rocket. I do like the idea of being able to make instant corrections.

Now, does the Ghost, shorten the pull and eliminate over travel...kind of like the best of both worlds?

Has anyone ever had an issue with the adjustment screw on the LWD trigger stop readjusting itself, if you didnt put some kind of epoxy on the set screw?

·
NRA MEMBER
8,151 Posts
They both only get rid of the overtravel.On the LWD once you get it where you want it you need to epoxy or use red loctite to keep it in place.I've never had to re adjust mine and I used red locktite. After you set it up give the loctite 24hrs to cure before shooting it. If its an emergancy shoot away but if not let it sit.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well the ghost connector will not eliminate over travel I just did some trigger work on my 22c
LWD Trigger Stop
LWD 3.5 Connector
Wolfe 4lb Striker Spring
Wolfe 6lb Trigger Spring

its great Light short and smooth pull and a fast crisp reset
With the trigger stop the trigger is back far enough that the trigger safety is already disengaged
would this be a ccw setup?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Had the same result with the NY1 trigger spring on one of my Glocks and didn't like that. May try it again since it isn't really a safety issue.

Chose the the LW UTS for the reasons others have given and like it very much.

·
Banned
6,920 Posts
I use an LWD 4.5# connector along with an LWD trigger stop on both of my G-21 pistols. After getting the right adjustment I, simply, epoxied the set screw in place from, both, the front and back. I used, 'PC-7' epoxy compound; it's been working great for more than a year and umpteen thousand rounds now. I highly recommend this modification. :)

By the way, the LWD, 'GUTS' is a complete Glock trigger housing unit with the addition of a threaded hole and setscrew. If you do not permanently fix the setscrew in place then you can expect it to move, slightly, after about 5 or 6 hundred rounds. (Mine did!) Ain't no big deal, though, because the direction of movement is away from the trigger bar's drop safety. So all that happens is the trigger returns to normal operation and the overtravel will reappear until you adjust the setscrew again.

Don't, 'overthink' what is actually a very simple modification! ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I use an LWD 4.5# connector along with an LWD trigger stop on both of my G-21 pistols. After getting the right adjustment I, simply, epoxied the set screw in place from, both, the front and back. I used, 'PC-7' epoxy compound; it's been working great for more than a year and umpteen thousand rounds now. I highly recommend this modification. :)

By the way, the LWD, 'GUTS' is a complete Glock trigger housing unit with the addition of a threaded hole and setscrew. If you do not permanently fix the setscrew in place then you can expect it to move, slightly, after about 5 or 6 hundred rounds. (Mine did!) Ain't no big deal, though, because the direction of movement is away from the trigger bar's drop safety. So all that happens is the trigger returns to normal operation and the overtravel will reappear until you adjust the setscrew again.

Don't, 'overthink' what is actually a very simple modification! ;)
are these comp guns or ccw?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts