close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Luminox commercial

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by timetrial-pro, Jan 9, 2010.

1. timetrial-pro

timetrial-pro

2. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

IMHO, kinda ghey.

Shows NOTHING about the watch's supposed durability.

3. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Yeah, that was kind of stupid. Showed about 10 seconds of the actual watch-not even doing anything, just there on the wrist- with the rest of the commercial focusing on the intimidating glares and tacticoolness of those special ops-types. With the mandatory generic hard-rock music accompanying it all, of course.

That being said, I would like a Luminox watch, though. Or any watch, for that matter, that has a dial that always glows, and isn't dependent on outside light to "charge" it up... for a few hours, and then it's dim again.

4. jeep olllllo

jeep olllllo

Get a "Ball" watch. Mack daddy of glow watches. The term "get on the Ball" was created in reference to railroads using Ball watches...and if you used a different brand watch, you might miss your train.

5. cHECK SIX

cHECK SIX

I'm not a diver so I can't comment about the waterproof performance of this watch, but I am hard on watches, I've destroyed many 'skin diving' watches; one Rolex, one Omega, a Seiko, etc.. For the last couple of years I've worn a Citizen Blue Angels Ecodrive...which held up great. About 3 months ago, I finally snagged a used Luminox. After trying it out for a couple days, it's become my primary watch. The tritium glow in the dark feature is GREAT !!!:snoopy:. Just like a tritium nite site, it glows without needing to be 'charged'. Driving at dusk, night, or pre-dawn, when you look at the dial, you can see it without any problems...unlike a luminous watch that looses it glow and needs to be recharged with a flashlight. I liked the tritium watch so much, I bought another tritium watch, a new Traser. The tritium in the used Lumi was 1.5 X brighter than the new Traser.

6. econjon

econjon

I've worn one since I first discovered Luminox in 1998, and my original still glows almost as bright as they day I bought it. I don't dive or do tactical anything, I just love being able to see what time it is any time, day or night.

7. Andy W

Andy W

If I destroyed an Omega or a Rolex, I would be really pissed.

8. blueiron

blueiron

If I knew someone who actually could and lived, I'd be impressed.

9. jp3975

jp3975

I got mine for Christmas in 1999 when I was 15.

Im pretty hard on watches. For 11 years I almost never have taken it off accept to replace 2 broken watch bands and the battery once.

Cant say anything about diving but I wear it every shower and bath.

Excellent watch.

10. jp3975

jp3975

And I dont know why you guys think the ad is silly.

They're trying to sell watches. Tacticool sells. An ad about durability which is likely comparable to competitors would be far less effecitve.

Sort of like the guys making fun of the adt ads. They're not selling guns. They're selling the idea of an alarm going off if someone breaks in and of being watched out for by security who will call you and send police.

11. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

No doubt. Rolex will replace, repair and refinish every part with a factory service. About the only thing that would cost extra is the crown/stem/tube.

We need to hear more of this destroyed Rolex.

12. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Maybe it was actually an Invicta that resembled a Rolex. :rofl:

13. cHECK SIX

cHECK SIX

I bought this Rolex when I was stationed in Bad Toltz, Germany, back then it was de regeur in my unit to wear wings, jump boots and have a Rolex on your wrist. The Rolex survived 4 yrs of airborne duty. When I got out, I went to school and during summers rappelled from choppers with the USFS. I broke the Rolex on a fire when I slipped and banged it against a boulder, cracked the crystal and it stopped running. I had the Rolex repaired. I wore it for another 2 or 3 years, banged it against something again and the watch stopped running, as a poor student on the GI bill I couldn't afford repairs. I put it away and bought a Seiko automatic at a pawn shop for $ 25. The Seiko lasted less than 2 years before I broke it. The Omega, a midsized Seamaster, was broken when the pin holding the bracelet broke and the watch fell off, never did recover it.

When I told a yuppie friend I had a broken Rolex tucked away, he said he wanted to buy it. Since he was my best friend and it was near his b'day, I gave it to him. He had it repaired (seems I knocked something off the pivot so it wouldn't wind), that was over 12 yrs ago and he still wears it.

14. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Awesome friend! :wavey: