Luke AFB "Gate Crasher" Shot; 1 Dead

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by LoadToadBoss, Feb 23, 2010.

1. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587217,00.html

A shooting and fatal car crash on Luke Air Force Base in Litchfield, Ariz., have left one person dead and another injured, KSAZ Phoenix reported.

At 11 p.m. Monday night two individuals ran a gate at the base with their car, said Capt. Gonzales, a spokesman at Luke Air Force Base.

A security forces officer reportedly confronted two men inside the car, previously reported stolen, said Officer Karen Gerardo, the public information officer at the Glendale Police Department.

When the officer got out of his car to try to make contact with the two men, the car drove directly at him. The officer shot at the car, which then crashed, said Gerardo.

One of the occupants of the vehicle was killed. His cause of death has not been determined.

The other person in the car was injured and transported to a hospital.
    Investigators do not suspect terrorism, said Gerardo. They don't believe the men were anything other than car thieves, said Gonzales.

2. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

Any day that a scumbag dies is a good day in my book.

:violin:

3. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

4. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/luke_afb_shooting_022310

Car Crashes Through Luke AFB Security Gate

LITCHFIELD PARK, Ariz. - Security forces at Luke Air Force Base opened fire overnight after two suspects in a stolen car drove right through the gate.

One of those suspects is now dead.

Take a look at the photos - you'll see a car crashed inside the base near Litchfield Road and Northern. It's the suspect's car.

According to Glendale police, the suspects drove the car through a gate at the base. A security forces officers from Luke got out of his car and approached them. That's when the suspects tried to run him down with the car.

The officer opened fire on the car and it crashed. One of the suspects died and the other was hospitalized.

We're also learning the car was reported as stolen.

Luke Air Force Base Captain Jerry Gonzales says the suspects were trying to get away from the police and does not believe they were targeting the base. Gonzales also said no one at the base was injured.
    The base is not on lockdown and Glendale police are investigating the double shooting.

Gonzalez said the base takes security seriously and the situation was dealt with quickly.

5. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

It will be interesting to hear new details as the investigation proceeds.

6. deadday

deadday

7. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Not really, if they were running from Glendale PD and they ended up going towards the gate they probably thought they could just run through and get away by running through an area where helicopters would be restricted like the airport. The picture looks like Litchfield rd. & thunderbird They thought wrong.

8. NIB

NIB

I'd be interested in what the suspects names are, wonder if they rhyme with Muhammad Jihad.

9. Sharkey

Sharkey

I had a drunk ram the Naval Air Station gate in our city. This was way before 911 so we just hooked him up and took him to the jail. If he tried to run over me, I'd open up on him too.

10. Fiery Red XIII

Fiery Red XIII Adorkable CLM

Or Durka allah.

Red:supergrin:

11. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

You really think a couple of street thugs were thinking about helicopters being restricted over the base? I'd be more willing to bet the idiots ended up there accidentally.

IGF