Glock Talk banner

Luger magazine

546 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  MSW
Working on a Luger that won't stay open with an empty magazine installed (the only magazine), I know it is an issue with the follower. Wondering if anyone has had this issue, I'll be disassembling it first for an inspection and good cleaning but then I may have to relieve a little material in the slot where the button runs or bend the follower slightly to allow the follower to raise up high enough to catch the action and hold it open.
Any past experience will be appreciated.
Bud
Working on a Luger that won't stay open with an empty magazine installed (the only magazine), I know it is an issue with the follower. Wondering if anyone has had this issue, I'll be disassembling it first for an inspection and good cleaning but then I may have to relieve a little material in the slot where the button runs or bend the follower slightly to allow the follower to raise up high enough to catch the action and hold it open.
Bud
See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Bud
Is this an old Luger magazine?

Or a replacement magazine?

What type of Luger?

· Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this an old Luger magazine?

Or a replacement magazine?

What type of Luger?
I believe it is a PO8 Luger.
We are looking into whether the included magazine is in fact an era correct mag.

· Registered
1,421 Posts
I believe it is a PO8 Luger.
We are looking into whether the included magazine is in fact an era correct mag.
Post when you find out.

Lugers are tough to get to shoot right. Very pretty guns but you'll never see someone shooting them at a match. Kind of finicky.

Let us know what you find out.

If you even think it is an original magazine, don't fiddle with it. Oil it up and put it away. Buy a new magazine and grind on it.

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
Post when you find out.

Lugers are tough to get to shoot right. Very pretty guns but you'll never see someone shooting them at a match. Kind of finicky.

Let us know what you find out.

If you even think it is an original magazine, don't fiddle with it. Oil it up and put it away. Buy a new magazine and grind on it.
I agree about the magazine, don't mod it. A replacement mag will likely work without the mods.

As for finicky, I've never had a jam with mine, though I've only shot ball ammo through it. it's been said that they're not as impervious to dirt like the 1911 or most of the modern offerings.

· Registered
1,421 Posts
I agree about the magazine, don't mod it. A replacement mag will likely work without the mods.

As for finicky, I've never had a jam with mine, though I've only shot ball ammo through it. it's been said that they're not as impervious to dirt like the 1911 or most of the modern offerings.
Agree.

My 9mm is a tighter pistol than the DMW. Very finely machined. Captured from an officer. Beautiful pistol but it hangs up when I shoot it. It has a serialized matching magazine to the pistol. Every part on the pistol has the 4 digit matching serial #.

I'm sure with some work it could be made a shooter but I'm going to leave it alone.

I've read that the WW2 German sub machine gun 9mm was a higher pressure than today's 9mm but who knows.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.