Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a Lone Wolf standard Glock 32 barrel (32357N) for my G/32. When it arrived and I installed it and it wouldn't feed; FMJ ammo would just slam against the barrel ramp. The web store replaced it, but the replacement has the same problem. It should be noted I have a Lone Star standard Glock 23 barrel I use to shoot 40cal out of the same pistol and it has no problems what so ever. When I compared the Lone Wolf 40 cal barrel and OEM barrel, to the Lone Wolf 32 barrel, it looks as though the machined notch between the lugs is cut too deep and crooked which was the issue with the first barrel (see attached photo) . Like I said I'm thinking this is the problem and perhaps there was a run of these. Does this look like it would cause the FTF problems? Any advice?

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Further inspection shows the excessive machining of the lug notch, actually causes the back end of barrel and ramp to slant farther down in the magazine well, so the angle of the ramp becomes too steep. The round, instead of sliding up the ramp, just impacts almost squarely against the ramp and stops..At least that's my take..I have heard that the ramp angle of a Glock is already very steep due to the short action, so increasing the angle will likely a FTF..

· Registered
3,041 Posts
You analysis is sound and I believe you are correct however I don't have a 357sig barrel to compare to. Do you have a Glock barrel to compare with? I believe Lone Wolf has a lifetime guarantee so they should take care of you.

· Registered
18,795 Posts
You analysis is sound and I believe you are correct however I don't have a 357sig barrel to compare to. Do you have a Glock barrel to compare with? I believe Lone Wolf has a lifetime guarantee so they should take care of you.
I agree, I would contact LW, I am sure they would like to know about the problem.

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I agree, I would contact LW, I am sure they would like to know about the problem.
The OEM is little bit deceiving in thes photo, as the edge of the cut out is chamfered not square like the LW barrels, but it is cut the same at the same depth of 40 cal while the LW 357 barrel is cut deeper.

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm dealing with Lone Wolf Dist on Ebay so I believe I am in contact with Lone Wolf. The first time they replaced the barrel no questions. This time I've sent an email with pictures and hopefully will hear from them on Monday. I'm thinking if all the 357sig standard barrels are out of spec, I might try a ported barrel.

· Registered
3,041 Posts
If you don't have failures with the Glock barrel, I think that supports your conclusion of an issue with the depth of the cut, unless there's something else different about the dimensions of the barrel. But I think you got it.

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I've been in touch with Lone Wolf and they have been great. They said the problem appears to be with the barrel ramp needing to be polished. While this may help, I finally have the definitive answer on what has been causing the FTF in my G/37 and it's the 10 round mags..

· Registered
3,041 Posts
thanks for following up. Be sure to post if that doesn't fix it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.