close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Luckiest Guy in GSSF?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by deanzat, Oct 25, 2002.

1. deanzat

deanzat

I know it takes a lot of skill to win the A group repeatedly, but if the posted results become official, I'll have just won the B group at Piru for the third time. I'm not boasting; I know if I had shot a little better I'd have been the bottom of the A group.

Seems like it takes a lot of breaks (number of participants, my decision to shoot with the 30 this time, someone else's allergies, etc.).

I'm just wondering if anyone else has won the B group repeatedly, or am I the luckiest guy in GSSF?

???? DZ

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

DZ,

Just go and buy a lottery ticket ASAP.;e

Buy one for me too.;)

3. Nan

Nan

Wow, Dean. That's pretty amazing!

My husband Dan, the king of the sandbaggers, has moneyed in seven of 13 matches, none in the A class. He won a B class and was second at Conyers, which netted him 200 bucks.

He's pretty lucky, too!

4. G21H30

G21H30

Here's another "LUCKY"story Dean and Nan. My wife and I have been shooting GSSF matches for the past five years at Hallsville,Mo.and this year we invited six friends to join us. It was the first time for all of them at a GSSF match. I placed 10th in A-class and my "BUDDY" who is now AKA: "Bagger" Phil won the B-class his first time out ;Q ;B The rest of the group also did quite well also with a 23rd,55th,56th,61st,66th,77th,and 90th
    We all had a great time and really enjoy GSSF and the people we've met through the shooting sports.;a

5. deanzat

deanzat

Well, if I am the first guy to win three pistols without shooting well, I hope I won't win a special distinction as "Master of Mediocrity." ;Q

Maybe I'll have to craft a direct mail piece for GSSF: "Here's proof that everyone should participate because anyone can win!"

(I do practice a lot, but I refuse to work on speed. I subscribe to the "fast is fine, but accurate is final" school of thought. Of course, some people are fast and accurate; maybe I'll get there some day.)

Lucky enough to live in the USA; all the rest is icing. DZ

6. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

I won a pistol at my first event, two years ago in Conyers. It was Am/civ E class and it spoiled me. I love the GSSF matches and even got my wife shooting in them now.