Lubbock

Discussion in 'Lone Star Glockers' started by Texan29, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Texan29

Texan29

Any Glockers out here in the Hub City? If so where do y'all shoot? I'm reasonably new to the area and haven't been out shooting too much since I've moved here.

2. joseywales

joseywales

Go here Texas Sightmasters
    Plenty of good folks shooting Glocks out there.
    Ask for Mark L Miller (he'll probably chime in here soon enough).

3. nolacop

nolacop

Lubbuck is the first place I have ever saw a prairie dog. They were everywhere.

4. TxTech

TxTech

For indoor shooting I go to Patriot Firearms on 50th and the loop I think, for outdoors I go to Rustic Range its down 84 in Ransom Canyon. You can also go to the South Plains Gun Club on Sundays from 2-7 to shoot shotguns, it is over by the Reese Center.

5. chaos_23

chaos_23 I walk the line

Used to live in Lubbock, is sightmasters new? I've never heard of that one. I used to go to Rustic and Patriot semi-regularly, I think I shot IDPA with Mark Miller at Patriot once or twice. Anyway, I'm glad I'm out of west Texas. I love me some hills and trees, and those don't really exist out there.

6. Ranger54

Ranger54

If you are shooting Glocks there will be a GSSF match this weekend at SightMasters in Slayton this coming weekend.

Check the thread in GSSF or go to the GSSF web sight, gssfonline.com

I will be there for sure.

7. Texan29

Texan29

I'm going to hijack my own thread and ask another question since ya'll are so good about giving me the prior information.

I'm going to check out Rustic Range and Sightmasters. I really prefer outdoor ranges to indoor for some reason.

On a side note, I'm interested in getting my CHL. Do y'all have any good recommendations for instructors in the Lubbock area?

I've noticed a couple places offering classes for $150+, I'd rather find a cheaper alternative (I really don't care if they provide lunch, etc. I just want to fill out my paperwork and get my license). I'm a little nervous about the shooting practical. As I've said in other threads, I'm quite new to handguns and most of my shooting experience centers around rifles and shotguns. While I'm fairly accurate with rifles and shotguns, I am not near as accurate with my Glock 27. How hard is the CHL shooting test and should I be concerned about failing it? I'm don't feel that I'm a horrible shooter with my 27, but I'm certainly not going to be shooting GSSF any time soon.

Thanks any and all opinions are welcome.

8. joseywales

joseywales

It's really not that difficult.
    You shoot at a HUGE silouette, most shots are between 3-7 yards, and the time limits are generous.
    Just watch the sights and squeeze the trigger...I'm sure that you'll be fine.
    Check this link out for details CHL Test