Lubbock Tx. Fri & Sat night dinners

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Mark L Miller, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Hi Folks, thought I would start a new thread about our friday night & saturday night get together dinners. Bobby is handling Fri night with a dinner at the Texas Roadhouse & Sat. night we are having dinner at On the Border. Both restaurants are convenient to get to & within a couple of blocks of each other. Here are the Addresses for your online map planners: Texas Roadhouse is at 4810 S.Loop 289 & On the Border is at 6709 Slide Rd. I'll let Bobby fill you guys in on the time for Friday but Sat. night, we are planning to arrive around 7:30 at on the border. If you plan to attend either dinner or both dinners, please post on here which one or both so we have a fair count of how many to expect. We invite you all to join us. If you've never been to a get together like this, it is a very good time. You may find yourself sitting next to one of the top shooters in the world or next to me ;P hahaha. It is just a relaxed time to visit about life, family, & especially shooting. It is one of the best things about GSSF matches.
    Simple directions to the dinners: Coming from the range to Lubbock, turn & proceed west on South Loop 289. I haven't been able to get mileage but around 5-6 miles you will come to the "Slide Road" exit. Take it. For the Roadhouse, move as soon as you can into the right lane of the frontage road, it is on your right right there. For On the Border, stay in the left lanes of the frontage road, turn left(south) on slide road, On the Border is immediately on your left in front of Circuit City.
    You folks come on out & have dinner with us. Many of us don't shoot so well but we can sure eat! :) See you soon, MLM

2. Clem

Clem

Mark, Donna & I will be at On The Border Saturday evening. We appreciate you making OTB the meeting place, cuz you know how much we enjoy it! We're really looking forward to seeing you & the other regulars, as well as making new friends. We know you, teammate Bill Woolsey, his lovely wife Jo and several others are working VERY hard to make sure this match is enjoyable to all, and we really do appreciate all the effort!! Can't wait!! Thanks again & see y'all soon! Tony & Donna.

3. GLW

GLW

Please count me in for both dinners! Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Grady

4. geezer-lock

geezer-lock

Mark,

Put me down for Saturday night at OTB.

Looking forward to seeing this group of guys and gals again.

The range looks great and we are putting on the finishing touches in the next few days. The weather underground says it will be SUNNY with temps in the 70's both days. This is going to be a beautiful fall weekend in West Texas.

See you at the range and/or the restaurant.

David C

5. Ranger54

Ranger54

Friday evening for me, awaiting a time.

6. TXMike

TXMike

Have some aiming fluid for me! New sights on the 17 yesterday...can't wait to try them out. Hope everyone has fun in Lubbock...great group of folks.

Go Tech

;a

7. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Friday night at Texas Roadhouse 7:00 PM.

8. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

[ Many of us don't shoot so well but we can sure eat! :) See you soon, MLM [/B][/QUOTE]

Mark,
    Please put me down for 6 for Saturday night. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again. Thanks for setting it up.
    You can tell from looking at me that I love to eat!!!

Bill

9. Panhandle Bill

Panhandle Bill Senior Member

Bobby,

Doug and I will be there Friday night. We don't know yet about our better halves. See you Friday!!

Bill

10. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

On The Border @7:00pm. When you get there, tell them it is for "GSSF". That way in case you forget my name ;Q you'll still get to the right part of the restaurant. Don't forget to let me know if you are coming. That is prime time at the restaurants here in Lubbock! See you all there. MLM