LPK hammers...to notch or not to notch?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by emt1581, Jan 23, 2010.

1. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

I'd like to order a few Stag LPK's for my new lowers. However, several times now people have mentioned the notches on some hammers. I've seen notches on the rear of the hammer by the curve and on the top part of the hammer's face/striking surface.

I've read that "notches" on the hammer can cause the bolt to get snagged or make the gun malfunction.

Any truth to this or are the notches on Stag's hammer face fine to use in semi-autos?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

2. desertfox

desertfox <font color="red">Suspended</font>

the notches really come into play if you have a 9mm conversion. 9mm and notches do not get along. majority of carriers do not have any problems. have seen some carriers that for some strange reason exposed more of the firing pin the usual allowing a notched hammer to snag on it. but those carriers are old carriers and I am not even sure were I aquired those.

so unless you are using them LPK with a 9mm conversion, don't worry about it.

3. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Well the first kit is going to go in a Stag lower and go on my HD AR which is a .223. However, I've been throwing around the idea of building a 9mm. So which LPK's don't have any notches in them and are good quality?

And just so we're clear, you ARE talking about the notches on the face of the hammer right?

Thanks!:)

-Emt1581

4. emt1581

emt1581 Curious Member

Anyone?

Thanks!

-Emt1581