Loving my P3AT

Discussion in 'Kel-Tec Talk' started by nastytrigger, Apr 24, 2012.

1. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Well, it's been a weird couple weeks. Ready? It all started with my friend wanting to sell his Taurus 851 .38 for a Mossberg 500. So, I bought his Taurus revolver (my first revolver ever). Then, another friend wanted to sell his Kel-Tec P3AT for a S&W 642. The friend I bought the Taurus off of bought the P3AT. Then, I wanted to buy a Kahr CM9 or Kel-Tec PF9, so I nearly traded the Taurus for one of them, but decided to ask the friend I initially bought it off of if he wanted to buy it back. Instead of buying it back, we did an even trade, I gave him back his Taurus revolver and he gave me the P3AT (we also gave what ammo we had, magazines, speed loaders, etc). I've held off getting a CM9 or PF9 for now.

I'm liking the P3AT. Thought I'd never have a .380... I thought 9mm was my minimum, but I don't feel under-gunned at all. Size is perfect for my daily carry at work. Hardly notice it.

I have hit the mag release inadvertently twice, but I need a better pocket holster than the Uncle Mike's IWB I'm using from my Glock 19 (just something to cover the trigger guard for now/position the gun upward in my pocket). I'm pretty true to Don Hume as my go-to holster brand. I'm still in the early stages of shopping for a pocket holster, so any recommendation is appreciated.

I haven't shot it much yet. The friend who initially had it has had 100% reliability with it using factory and his own reloads. I've ran 25rds of S&B and only 10rds of Win PDX1 for function/POA. My shop was out of Gold Dots, so I bought just one box of PDX1 to try (never tried PDX1 before in any caliber).

Also, as far as ammo, I think I'll be getting some Buffalo Bore, probably 100gr Hardcast, as my main carry round. For now, I feel comfortable carrying it with PDX1.

The purpose of this P3AT will be either my primary (deep concealment) or as a BUG to my other pistols (G19, G21, 92FS, SA 1911).

2. bac1023

bac1023

I've owned my P3AT since 2004 and its been great.

packinaglock likes this.

3. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Thanks Bac. It's a sweet little gun.