Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the crappy lighting. This is a gen 3 G34. It's the only gun I own that I set up a little "race" like. It sure is fun to shoot though! The only white background I had big enough to take a pic was on top of the washing machine. Lol

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sorry for the crappy lighting. This is a gen 3 G34. It's the only gun I own that I set up a little "race" like. It sure is fun to shoot though! The only white background I had big enough to take a pic was on top of the washing machine. Lol

View attachment 942292

Very nice set-up!

Looks like you're all set. :)

·
Registered
56,297 Posts
Speaking of appliances and such... I was going to say that the only thing missing was the kitchen sink!

In all seriousness -- nice set-up there, KiloBravo!

·
finishes it...
4,055 Posts
The only white background I had big enough to take a pic was on top of the washing machine. Lol
i just use shemaghs with tacticool patterns to hide my shty furniture...

·
Registered
14,296 Posts

View attachment 942292
Nice rig. Thanks for sharing.
What ammo do you like to run through it / what ammo does it like / anything it doesn’t like?
Assuming you are using sub’s how heavy have you gone?
I didn’t notice the make / model of suppressor….
Have you noticed any suppressor shift of zero when installed or shift between bullet weights?
if so what have you zero’d it to handle.

Thanks and Enjoy!

·
NRA Life Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nice rig. Thanks for sharing.
What ammo do you like to run through it / what ammo does it like / anything it doesn’t like?
Assuming you are using sub’s how heavy have you gone?
I didn’t notice the make / model of suppressor….
Have you noticed any suppressor shift of zero when installed or shift between bullet weights?
if so what have you zero’d it to handle.

Thanks and Enjoy!
So far, I have fired factory 115 gr and 124 gr from various manufacturers. I have also fired some 115 gr hand loads. All functioned perfectly. I have been unable to find any subs to try through it yet. Factory 147 gr ammo and bullets are tough to find right now. I have the Vortex Venom zeroed from 25 yards. It shoots both 115 and 124 ammo to the same POI. I zeroed it initially without the suppressor and it seems to shoot within about 1" of that original POI, with the can on it. The suppressor is a Griffen Armament Resitance 45. I also use it on my gen4 G21. I like the can, but the company is absolutely terrible to deal with.

I hope this answered everything.

Reactions: Rotn1

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
You use the same suppressor on both a 9mm and .45acp?

You can load subsonic rounds yourself, no need to buy them.

·
NRA Life Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You use the same suppressor on both a 9mm and .45acp?

You can load subsonic rounds yourself, no need to buy them.
I agree. I related in my previous post I haven't been able to purchase any 147 gr projectiles. But I'm looking forward to trying some. And yes. It is a 45 caliber can, so it can be used on everything that size and smaller. I do the same thing with my rifle suppressor. It is a 30 caliber can,so I use it on my 300 blackout AR15, and both of my 5.56 AR rifles. I also have a .22 suppressor that would work for 22 mag and 17 caliber rounds.

Reactions: Rotn1

·
Registered
14,296 Posts
So far, I have fired factory 115 gr and 124 gr from various manufacturers. I have also fired some 115 gr hand loads. All functioned perfectly. I have been unable to find any subs to try through it yet. Factory 147 gr ammo and bullets are tough to find right now. I have the Vortex Venom zeroed from 25 yards. It shoots both 115 and 124 ammo to the same POI. I zeroed it initially without the suppressor and it seems to shoot within about 1" of that original POI, with the can on it. The suppressor is a Griffen Armament Resitance 45. I also use it on my gen4 G21. I like the can, but the company is absolutely terrible to deal with.

I hope this answered everything.
thank you so much for taking the time to reply.
Good luck with the set up.
I have some set ups that are very sensitive to bullet weights.
If you like and are in a state I can legally do so I can send you a box of 50 IMI 158 grain FMJ’s
Take care.
ETA I see you are in PA ….. me too

·
NRA Life Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you so much for taking the time to reply.
Good luck with the set up.
I have some set ups that are very sensitive to bullet weights.
If you like and are in a state I can legally do so I can send you a box of 50 IMI 158 grain FMJ’s
Take care.
ETA I see you are in PA ….. me too
My pleasure! Thanks for the offer. I would like to try a box of that ammo. Please PM me the price and I will get you paid and give you my address to ship to. I never knew 158 gr 9MM existed? Pretty cool!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Yea, lots of guys use 160 gr 9mm for Minor in USPSA and IDPA. Soft shooting.

·
NRA Life Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, lots of guys use 160 gr 9mm for Minor in USPSA and IDPA. Soft shooting.
I currently have a decent array of powders. What load do you like for that weight bullet?

·
Come on man!!
16,556 Posts

View attachment 942292
First, I don't care what the cost is, but I promise you with God as my witness, it is better to repair your old top load washer versus buying a new one, so keep that one as long as you can!

Second, that is IMHO, the most ideal home defense setup there is for someone with family members living with them. I have young kids in the home and having the ability to use a gun one-handed while carrying my toddler or leading my ten-year-old by the hand is a huge consideration for me. So I can really appreciate what you've done there and I think you've made some excellent choices in the gun, the light, and the suppressor.

Humbly, since this is a gun you may have to stake your life on, I would get a Trijicon RMR or an Aimpoint. Vortex is fine for the gun games but they're not a dot I would use for something as serious as home defense. YMMV.

·
NRA Life Member
5,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First, I don't care what the cost is, but I promise you with God as my witness, it is better to repair your old top load washer versus buying a new one, so keep that one as long as you can!

Second, that is IMHO, the most ideal home defense setup there is for someone with family members living with them. I have young kids in the home and having the ability to use a gun one-handed while carrying my toddler or leading my ten-year-old by the hand is a huge consideration for me. So I can really appreciate what you've done there and I think you've made some excellent choices in the gun, the light, and the suppressor.

Humbly, since this is a gun you may have to stake your life on, I would get a Trijicon RMR or an Aimpoint. Vortex is fine for the gun games but they're not a dot I would use for something as serious as home defense. YMMV.
I run Aimpoints on all my LE duty rifles. I thought Vortex was of similar quality, no? This is the first one of their optics I have used. And it's funny you mention the family. It is me, the Mrs. and 4 children.

Reactions: DaleGribble

·
Come on man!!
16,556 Posts
I run Aimpoints on all my LE duty rifles. I thought Vortex was of similar quality, no? This is the first one of their optics I have used. And it's funny you mention the family. It is me, the Mrs. and 4 children.
No, they are not as durable as Trijicon or Aimpoint and Vortex warranty service replaces them constantly.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Hard to fault anything about that setup for HD. Bet it shoots really softly...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts