Love my PM9 !

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by Border Bandit 32, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Khalsa

Khalsa

I agree! I also feel that the CM is basically the same gun without the polygonal rifling and without the cosmetic machining on the slide, oh and it comes with One less magazine--but it's $200 less. Both are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thelawless1 likes this.
  2. danbocog

danbocog

I have had my Khar PM9 for almost fifteen years and has been in my front pocket in a DeSantis holster everyday since with a Crimson Trace lazer. Never had a FTF or eject. Some criticize the long trigger pull, but it kept me from putting a hole in a young drunk who wanted to beat an old man's butt. I love my Glocks, but they should have copied the Khar.
    It has not rusted or failed in any way and only field strip and cleaned/oiled three times. For less money than the G43 you could have a 100% reliable, smaller proven platform in the CM9. I have carried it in all weather conditions, soaked in the rain, I simply remove it from the holster and place on my night stand. In the morning I reholster it and go about my day.

powernoodle and thelawless1 like this.

3. Khalsa

Khalsa

I agree that glock 43 should have been a copy of the kahr, in particular to the shape, length and height, made it the same measurements as the CM/PM9 and it would have been a great gun! As it stands the CM9 is smaller and has the same capacity as the Glock 43 while the glock 43 is larger, tougher to conceal and has no greater magazine capacity
    Kahr had the single stack 9mm market mastered 10 years ago. Don't see the giant fuss over the glock 43. Might as well get a glock 26 if you want a glock, it's nearly the same size as the 43 and has a way larger capacity

Speak softly and carry a Glock

thelawless1 likes this.
  4. bac1023

bac1023

Glad you like it. I'm not much of a fan of plastic Kahrs, but I do like my T9.

thelawless1 likes this.
  5. Khalsa

Khalsa

Yea Kahr makes a damn nice gun honestly, I prefer Glocks and I've yet to own an all steel Kahr but I've eyeballed a K9 more than a few times
    I'm 35 years old, I grew up in the era of polymer guns. You ask my dad and he will tell you 1000% go with an all metal 1911 or a .357 magnum or even a .38 special or a Browning Hi Power, he grew up watching dragnet where all the police carried J frame revolvers and my grandfather carried a GI model 1911 in WW2...
    But me, I grew up watching TV where virtually all the police carried Glock or at least some variant of a semi auto

Glock 26 Gen 3 black,Glock 21 Gen 2 black,Glock 19 Gen 4 OD green,Kahr CM9Ruger LCP .380

thelawless1 likes this.
  6. bac1023

bac1023

That's cool. I'm not a whole lot older than you, but have been an avid gun guy for most of my life. Over time, I figured out what I like.

I own many polymer pistols, actually.

thelawless1 and Khalsa like this.
  7. Khalsa

Khalsa

I don't mean to insinuate you're way older than me, but your profile picture had me thinking you were a revolver guy... I shouldn't assume anything and I apologize for that. Mainly I was just pointing out that I think polymer gun phenomenon is more popular with younger generation

Glock 26 Gen 3 black,Glock 21 Gen 2 black,Glock 19 Gen 4 OD green,Kahr CM9Ruger LCP .380

thelawless1 likes this.
  8. bac1023

bac1023

No need to apologize, my friend. I do like some revolvers, but I'm much more an auto guy.

As for my avatar, well, I just think the Colt Python is a beautiful handgun....

[​IMG]

thelawless1 and Khalsa like this.
  9. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

10. perrytrails

perrytrails

I bought a Pm9 years ago, absolutely loved it. Why I parted with it idk. In search of the greatest I guess.

Then came the one, finally a single stack 9mm glock. I didn't like the fit in my pocket compared to the pm9.

Luckily my wife loved shooting the 43, so now it's hers!!

I went down to the local gun store and picked up a PM9, I'm back.

Still love my glocks but for pocket carry, you just can't beat the pm9 in my book.

thelawless1 likes this.
  11. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

I agree only thing is the PM is expensive compared to the Glock, Shield, etc

thelawless1 likes this.
  12. perrytrails

perrytrails

I went through several

S&w j frame, keltec 380, shield, Springfield xds 45,
    M&p bodyguard, sig 290 rs

Carried the J frame the most, but I just wanted more rds and still be able to pocket carry.

I looked hard at the cm9, could have saved almost $200 with it.

I splurged, with my G 19 and the Pm I'm good.

thelawless1 likes this.
  13. Obi Wan

Obi Wan

I'm picking up a PM9 in the next week or so and am looking forward to comparing how it handles and shoots to my P9. I'm hoping it's not picky on ammo, as my P9 has not been thus far.

That long standing problem of the bullets popping out of the mag while in a sheath (a piece of foam at the bottom to maintain pressure helps some), or a regular mag holder is still kickin' and extremely irritating. If anyone has any new information on updated followers, etc, please advise!

14. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

What kind of mag holder are you using? I've been using DeSantis Mag-Packers for my Kahr mags (both 9mm and .45) for 10 years, and I don't recall ever having a problem with bullets popping out.

[​IMG]

15. thelawless1

thelawless1

Carried a CM9 for a couple years and fell in love with it! Everything about it!
    But mostly the trigger! AWESOME looong smooth pull...
    1k+ rounds later and it's better than ever!
    Had an opportunity a year ago to pick-up a PM9 and after 500+ rounds it's a shooter's dream IMO!
    Best part, I now carry one in the front pocket (Alabama kydex Holster) and one IWB (Kusiak leather holster) with two spare 7 round mags in tow!! That's 28 rounds at the ready when/if the SHTF...

USN4Life

16. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

My PM9 has been flawless. I also picked up the Glcok 43 and love it, but for a t-shirt, shorts, cowboy boots in the West Texas heat

the PM9 is the gun I reach for when leaving the house about 90% of the time

JMag likes this.
  17. Obi Wan

Obi Wan

I've never tried the Desantis Mag-Packer, but might have to look at them. I use a variety of different knife sheaths (if in a pant leg pocket like Carhartt pants have, or magazine holders with a top flap on a belt, etc. I've found if the top bullet is compressed too hard against the bottom of the holder/sheath it may pop out, just like it will if it's too loose. However, putting a piece of medium density foam at the bottom, angled in cut to match the natural position of the bullet helps a lot. I just don't think we should have to screw around with anything to keep that top bullet in the mag.

I might finally get around to trying a .40 mag as I know that will hold the top bullet in, but I've never tested to see if the slide will lock open after the last round is fired. Does anyone know for sure?

And are there new generation followers like there are with the Glocks, etc?

18. jpshaw

jpshaw

Not to anger the masses but while a Kahr fan, I've never taken to the M's. I have had an older P9 since 2002 and thought a PM9 or CM9 could be my pocket gun. A friend offered to let me try his CM9 out for a while and it didn't work for me as a pocket gun at all. While my friend could pocket carry it (he wore bib overalls) I felt like I had shoplifted a grapefruit. Putting it on a OWB slide worked but no better then my P9 and I liked the slim look and 3.5" barrel of the P9 as well as the extra round, the extra sight radius and the extra velocity. We all have different shapes and wardrobes so you may be different but for me, if I can't pocket carry it I will stick with the P9 (CW9) size for now.

19. Obi Wan

Obi Wan

What carry ammo have those of you with PM9 or CM9 used? I've been looking at recoil energy lists and have found it interesting that, at least for Summer, the 147 gr Gold Dots seem tough to beat, in expansion, penetration and "lower" recoil.

Thoughts?

20. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

I carry the gold dot 124gr +p short barrel in my PM9