Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So up until last week I had a G43 and a G36.
Decided to grab a new G42. Shot it for the first time last night.
Love that gun !!
Fun, not snappy - a good time for sure.
Keeping my G36 with a Streamlight 69410 TLR-8 500 Lumen Gun Light on it for home protection. The G43 is my EDC and my G42 will be my Summer Carry.
All set....
Until next week !!
LOL

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
The 42 is my current #1 carry gun. I have carried a gun more than 9,100 days and shot zero bad guys during that time, so my carry gun calculus is weighted toward ease of carry so long as adequate utility is maintained. I have full confidence that 7 rounds of .380, along with another 6 on my belt that I will never need, are sufficient to alter someone's behavior.

·
Registered
18,793 Posts
I too love my 42. If you plan on pocket carry for the 42 consider the Alabama pocket holster. Has a thumb tab to help you ease the pistol out of the holster. Alabama has a ridiculously long lead time (11 weeks) but they make a quality product.

After searching for a suitable defensive round for the 42 I settled on the Underwood .380 ACP +P 90 Grain XTP JHP.

(https://underwoodammo.com/product/handgun-ammo/380-acp-p-90-grain-xtp-jacketed-hollow-point/)
Same setup here.

I also use MagGuts +1 magazine extensions as they add no length to the magazine but allow for the extra round. Zero feed issues.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have carried a gun more than 9,100 days and shot zero bad guys during that time, so my carry gun calculus is weighted toward ease of carry so long as adequate utility is maintained. I have full confidence that 7 rounds of .380, along with another 6 on my belt that I will never need, are sufficient to alter someone's behavior.
They should post this ^^^ as a "Sticky".

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I wanted to get into .380, and couldn't decide. The Glock 42 had Blue Box price, the Ruger LCP II and S&W Bodyguard had HUGE sales. I bought all three and started to work on which I would keep.

The Ruger is the easiest to carry, the Bodyguard has the safest trigger, and the Glock is by far the best shooter. And I still couldn't decide.

I still have and use all three. I doubt I will sell any of the three. Why should I have to choose?

·
State of Jefferson Resident
764 Posts
Same setup here.

I also use MagGuts +1 magazine extensions as they add no length to the magazine but allow for the extra round. Zero feed issues.
I don't own a 42, but The maggut's +1 work flawlessly on my shield 9mm. They seemed a little sloppy at first, but after approximately 300 rounds through each mag. With the kit installed and no malfunctions, I have confidence in them.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
A buddy claims his 42 has gotten him thru' all the gunfights he's been in....of course, that is zero right now. Helluva great little gun that is fun to shoot, and should tolerate a bunch of shooting.
Moon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.