close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Love my Glock holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by guero1055, Jan 13, 2010.

1. guero1055

guero1055

I posted here probably a year maybe more asking for recommendations of an OWB holster. I got quite a few responses and a couple who recommended the Glock holster.

I took their advice and got the Glock holster. Tryed to use it with my double layered belt and it didn't thread easy and tryed it and didn't like it. Threw it in the drawer and forgot about it and went back to my M-Tac IWB.

Well about a couple of months ago I was in a hurry and and some tight fitting pants on and had to go out. I grabbed a regular belt and gave the Glock holster another try. Thread easily and put it on my hip and was amazed at how secure and light it felt on my hip even with a wimpy single layer belt. It kind of rides on the top on my hip and I cannot believe how light it feels.(I carry a G27)

It looks like a cheap piece of crap but it works great. It's only about 14 dollars and I love it. I think I wear it more than my expensive IWB.

I didn't really give it a chance the first time.

Give it try.

Lance

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. FL2NV

FL2NV

I finally purchased one recently as well. I wanted a OWB holster for winter/jacket wear, so I said what the heck and tried it out. It serves it's purpose very nicely. I have not carried IWB in my Supertuck since I got the Glock holster about 3 weeks ago. I do need a jacket or a sweat shirt to wear it though..so no summer carry with it..concealed anyway.

3. Glockphobia

Glockphobia NOT!

im wearing mine as we speak, with a 23 in it.

4. Tx-G30

Tx-G30

Its a decent holster for the price. However, I just wish they made the belt loop a little thicker as it looks and feels like it will snap at any time.

Not that I would normally do this but... I noticed that the glock holster for the g30 will also hold a Sig 229

5. guero1055

guero1055

My cheerleading for the holster is based entirely on its value. Are there better OWB out there? Most certainly. Close to the same price? Unlikely.

6. UrbanOps

UrbanOps

I like mine for the most part. When I go to unholster, it's REALLY tight. I do like how close to the body I am able to carry, however, I still need a jacket to conceal with it well.

7. madcitycop

madcitycop

Once I cut out the little knob on the inside of the holster the draw was so smooth and its the best holster for the price. Concelas my 27 like a dream. ***SHAMELESS PLUG ALERY**** BTW anyone want to buy a 27 the firearms listing awaits you

8. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

I haven't tried mine yet but my son uses his all the time. Not a bad holster for 9-10 bucks if I recall.

9. ken grant

ken grant

I use theGlock holsters more than any other ones and I have a box full of others.
    I have found that if you give the inside of the holsters a couple of shots of spray silicone lub and let dry, you get a much easier draw and insertion.

You don't have to do this often but just every once in awhile

10. Tx-G30

Tx-G30

I didn't say that I didn't like the Glock holster. I actually like it, esp the spare mag carrier. I'm just saying that I wished that the belt loop thing was sturdier.

11. bluelineman

bluelineman Infidel كافر

Will the belt loops accommodate a thick gun belt (Beltman horsehide)??? I know you can cut off the spacer things for a wider belt, just not sure about the thickness issue.

12. guero1055

guero1055

That's the same belt I have but with velcro too.

Not really. You would have to widen the belt loops. (shave it with a knife) But what I like about the holster is that it works just fine with a regular single layer belt. It rides very snug and kinda on top of the hip. It doesn't pull the belt down.