Love my g26 in my MTAC, what now for my Kimber?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by pw0314, Mar 19, 2010.

1. pw0314

pw0314

I really enjoy my G26 in my MTAC holster. That being said, i just recently purchased a Kimber Raptor Ultra II. Anyone have their 1911 in a hybrud kydex holster? any thoughts or suggestions? i'm a little worried about the wear of the kydex on the finish of a new Kimber. (without having a conversation about glock versus kimber) any thoughts on a IWB holster? or just another kydex body for my 1911?

2. Customtle

Customtle

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Go leather nylon whatever just dont do the kydex torture to your Kimber. A buddy thought it would be OK to carry his new fancy $$$$$ Tactical Supergrade Pro ( dont knock him for it he worked hard for 4 yrs of hell to earn it!!) in an Un-Named Companies,but a well known established holstermaker ( for no bash reasons) Kydex Holster and in a matter of 2 mo. of carry the finish started to wear. Luckily the Wilson Gods felt pity for him and refinished it free of charge except shipping and emphisized to carry it in leather or nylon or dont carry it at all its not one of those guns that starts w a "G" LOL

3. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I would not carry an expensive gun in a cheap holster. Have you ever worn cheap shoes and noticed how uncomfortable they are? Same thing with holsters. I agree with the above poster..leather or nylon for the nice gun.

4. zxracer3

zxracer3

5. dosei

dosei

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  6. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

1911s are very CCW friendly. You may even consider OWB as an option, but I, too prefer to stay away from kydex on my 1911 holsters.

7. Glock-it-to-me

Glock-it-to-me Catching liars

My C5 Holsters Montana XLT is home to my 1911.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010