Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just at the title states, I have a G19 gen 3 and obviously want another Glock. G26 makes sense for ammo and mag purposes, but G30 would be better for home protection.

So G19 home protection, G26 carry or G30 home protection G19 carry?

·
Registered
34 Posts
G19 home protection, G26 edc would be my choice. As you already stated, ammo and mag interchangability. But in the end, it's your decision and I'm sure either way you'll be happy

·
Registered
625 Posts
Since the G26 and G19 share food bowls, they're obvious kennel-mates. There are days when you'll prefer to cc one over the other.

However, the G30 is a must-have. Plus it carries just like the G19 (actually, I think it conceals better because the grip is shorter). You're on the right track. Get both.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I would say to go with another g19, gen 3. Because they are all around best combat handgun on the market, but being that you already have one. I would say go with the g26, gen 3 if you can still find one.

·
Banned
12,951 Posts
26, had a 30 and got rid of it.

·
FYPM
5,596 Posts
Having two guns of the same caliber for compatibility issues is overblown IMNSHO. You will have MUCH more fun at the range with two cals. Now, there is no question that the 26 is the best EDC of all of them. I cringe when I see the 19 recommended to so many first time Glock buyers. While it is no doubt a great pistol, its a 'tweener which means it is good at a little bit of everything but doesn't specialize in anything. Think ahead to what your ultimate collection may look like. It is simply more useful to buy the full sized models and sub compacts and skip the compacts unless you KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that that is the only Glock in that caliber that you will own.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I could do it again I would have bought a G21SF for home and a G26 for carry. Now that I already have the G19 I fell the need for a smaller ccw and more powerful home defense. Not sure what Im going to do. Its either going to be a G26 or G30 (or) a G26 and G21SF.

Having two guns of the same caliber for compatibility issues is overblown IMNSHO. You will have MUCH more fun at the range with two cals. Now, there is no question that the 26 is the best EDC of all of them. I cringe when I see the 19 recommended to so many first time Glock buyers. While it is no doubt a great pistol, its a 'tweener which means it is good at a little bit of everything but doesn't specialize in anything. Think ahead to what your ultimate collection may look like. It is simply more useful to buy the full sized models and sub compacts and skip the compacts unless you KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that that is the only Glock in that caliber that you will own.

·
FYPM
5,596 Posts
If I could do it again I would have bought a G21SF for home and a G26 for carry. Now that I already have the G19 I fell the need for a smaller ccw and more powerful home defense. Not sure what Im going to do. Its either going to be a G26 or G30 (or) a G26 and G21SF.
:goodpost: The great thing about the G30 is you can easily make it into a 21 for HD and yet you can also carry it if you want to carry a .45 for whatever reason.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I like to have a little more umph in my HD gun so I use a G30SF with 13-round mags and an A&G mag spacer. For carry, I use a G26 or a G36 depending on the weather. I don't think you could go wrong with either the 26 or 30. You could always put a 33-round mag in the 19 for HD.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Go with the G30 next, every Glock collection should have one. The G26 can come later, but dont stop there, I'm up to 4 Glocks and the only thing slowing me down for awhile is my wife. If Mama aint happy, Aint Nobody Happy!!:rofl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts