Love at first BANG

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by glockandrock, Apr 5, 2010.

1. glockandrock

glockandrock

Went to the range Saturday, had both G17s, a .38, and a Bersa .380. Just for the heck of it I rented a G21. I love my G17, bur the 21 was just simply spectacular....come my birthday I will have one. I dont have the picture, but I put in a 1" grouping of 5 rounds at 50 feet. My 14 year old daughter could handle it as well as my wife. SWEET!

2. tinman517

tinman517

Wonderful . . . Pleased to read that you had a good time. I trust your birthday is coming up quite soon.

3. Glocken-spiel

Glocken-spiel

i argued with my oldest son (27) about him wanting a .45 as his first handgun. i knew he was looking at Colt that was WAY too expensive, so i gave him all the practical reasons why he should buy a Glock in 9mm or .40, but NO -- his budy had a .45 and that was the gun he had to have. he even tried to tell me that the G21 had a "softer" recoil than a .40 (like he would know). i had recently gotten a gen2 G23 (40s&w) and was surprised by the kick it had compared to my G26, so i was SURE a .45 would not be at all pleasant to shoot.

well shortly thereafter he bought the .45. i WAS surprised when he showed it to be a G21sf (that much was good).

so later we went to the range. "here dad, take a few shots". i was expecting the worse. WOW! what a nice shooting pistol!! for its size it really was "soft".

i am a fan of the Glock 21, i must say. i thought about getting one for myself when i used my GSSF gun purchase certificate, but wanted an RTF2 with "fish gills" more. i'm happy, he's happy.

you're happy!! congrats on the purchase of a GREAT Glock firearm!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  4. glockandrock

glockandrock

OK....now I have the picture of the target. The red dot is 1" and I just stuck it there for comparison. Target distance was approx 40'. I was expectiing a good bit more recoil than my G17, having shot a G22. I didn't think this was too bad of a result for a range gun that was probably the dirtiest gun I havve ever seen.

Attached Files: