Lousy Taurus Service Rant - Continued

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Church Key, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Church Key

Church Key

I bought a new Taurus Spectrum in January; fired 9 rounds, total jamomatic. Sent back to Taurus for warranty repair. They received it on 1/29/20. Checked repair status on 3/3/20, was told it would take 12 weeks to review it. Called them today 6/9/20. Was told they have not looked at it yet and have no idea when they will get to it. Four and 1/2 months and no action. Be forewarned that Taurus warranty service is beyond horrible. They give a new meaning to the word incompetent.

2. glock collector

glock collector

They probably have a ton of warranty work....probably equal to the exact number of firearms they sell.

3. Timeless

Timeless

Sorry to see this!

Hopefully my newly purchased G3 will be okay. 200 rounds through it so far so good.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  4. MNBud

MNBud

Thanks for the heads up, I recently purchased a TX22 and so far it has been flawless(did I just read that somewhere):dunno:

Gray_Rider and checkyoursix like this.
  5. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

Sorry about your problems, but........
    Why would anyone buy a Taurus and expect anything different? They have a horrible reputation for both quality and service. And for every model they make there is a known better alternative.
    Now come the posts about "I have a Taurus with a million rounds through it and it has been flawless".

6. Paul53

Paul53 You local friendly Skynet dealer

Holding it till the warranty expires?

7. Mugsie1

Mugsie1

Had a taurus tracker in 357 years ago. Ended up sending it in for repair after a few weeks as the cylinder wouldn't line up. They sent it back in a couple weeks with a note saying "replaced missing part". What!!? I called them and they just said there was a part missing, but couldn't tell me what. This was a brand new gun!

Fired it for a couple more months, it proved to be very accurate, then it wouldn't fire. Hammer spring broke. Sent it back. Got repaired. Got returned and traded it in for a real gun. Never looked back.

Taurus is hit or miss . One either likes them or hates them. Best of luck with yours.

Gray_Rider and Paul53 like this.
  8. bac1023

bac1023

Taurus' CS and QC have always been terrible, yet people continue to buy their products.

9. ronin.45

ronin.45

I remember asking why anyone would ever even consider a Taurus Spectrum when cheap, better alternatives are readily available.

10. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Sent off a M85 for timing issues, got back a M85 with timing issues. Sits at the bottom of the locker.

Cambo likes this.
  11. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Gold Member

I'd be raising hell and demand my damn gun back...

orangejeep06 likes this.
  12. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

Mine too, but I am well prepared psychologically for when it breaks. With the things I have read about their CS, I am ready for the worst.

This is why I got a G44, for now they are both running extremely well, but I have no doubts in my mind as to which one will bite the proverbial dust first.

13. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 "Cynical Little me"

Two times with a RB for timing and spraying. I never got the accuracy I wanted.

I see they have a new ultra light .38+P out, pity but I dont trust them.

14. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

In my experience the only pistol they ever made that was decent was their copy of the Beretta 92.

15. Pluto57

Pluto57

I would say that Taurus quality in general has gotten better recently. That doesn't seem to apply, however, to the Spectrum. Functional ones seem to be about as common as unicorns. And Taurus customer service has always sucked. That seems unlikely to change. If I had the misfortune of owning a Spectrum, I'd trade it in at my LGS for something more reliable, like a Hi Point.

16. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

For decades people have been saying "Taurus quality has improved". If it had improved over that period of time the way people say, they would be as good as Swiss Sigs.
    They have always sucked overall, and nothing has changed. Sure, they turn out a good model once in a while, but why gamble on such a bad company to save a few dollars?

ShipWreck and Cambo like this.
  17. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

No surprise from my experience and endless reports here. If it’s a good gun, you’re good to go, if it’s not, you’re really going to regret it.

18. Brigrat

Brigrat Question Everything

I launched recoil spring on a Taurus I owned for a very short time in 2003... I called them and 13 days later they sent a replacement... the wrong replacement... but a replacement none the less... 17 years later I am technically still waiting for the correct spring to be shipped... Needless to say I sourced the spring through other methods and swore off Taurus a long time ago.

Bomber Nav likes this.
  19. grumpy1

grumpy1

Yeah but you can buy three Taurus for what you pay for a "status symbol" over priced Glock and they are just as good, if not better, according to YouTube reviews of those who have put 200 flawless rounds through a Taurus pistol and some super uber tactical YouTube celebrity guy James somebody who did a highly rigorous test on them that shamed FBI testing protocol.

badge315, checkyoursix and Brigrat like this.
  20. Bomber Nav

Bomber Nav

Almost the exact same thing has happened - and is still happening to me. Like you, I obtained a part from a 3rd party, something that fit S&Ws also. So many of Taurus parts are not available from other sources. I gave Taurus CS more than a fair chance to prove they are better than their reputation. They aren't.