Louisville, KY braces for Annoucement

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kentucky Shooter, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Yeah it ****ed me & my wife up. I don't see any point in denying it. But there's no plan B to jump to, you have to get up and make coffee, and you're still you in the mirror. I've got two other kids that needed dad to keep making dinero, which sounds like a burden but I guess it helped with the whole 'having a purpose' thing. The oldest, adopted stepson from my wife's first marriage, looks like he's going career enlisted USAF. He's in his sixth year and got married a couple years ago, so I think he's in for the duration now. His call. Our daughter is 17yo, bilingual in English & Japanese, her end of semester grades have been straight A's since 7th grade, and this year she got into the National Honors Orchestra on violin (which, unfortunately the event got cancelled due to Covid, but the thing is she made the cut.) Doing ok, in the totality of the circumstances.

Something'll work out. I know some people who know some people. :thumbsup:

Love you too, man.
    giphy (2).gif

Thank you guys, the above and anyone else who had kind words or thoughts. But it's off topic .... what's happening in Louisville??!??

BGDaddy, Sharkey, ZekerMan and 7 others like this.
  2. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

Nothing yet. When it kicks off, I'm sure I'll hear about it and will keep the collective informed.

Obviously, I have a lot of friends and former colleagues up there who will be in the middle of all this crap. It's been very tempting to put my philosophy to the test....that is, "There are few problems in life that can't be solved with a baseball bat and ski mask".

If things get bad enough, I may risk a trip up there. Worst case is, I go visit my old employer on an involuntary basis, lol.

Sgt127, Ohio Cop and Grabbrass like this.

3. sixgun2

sixgun2 packin heat

Count on it.

FullClip, Intolerant and Caver 60 like this.
  4. CAcop

CAcop

I always said road flares and a can of gas.

That was my go to solution for community oriented policing that wasn't going anywhere.

Sgt127, FullClip and Caver 60 like this.
  5. Sgt127

Sgt127

I “liked” you post. But, I actually “hated” your post. I’m so sorry.
    Find a way to make them pay you for the rest of your life. I’m praying for you.

6. mj9mm

mj9mm

so Taylor was shot and killed when a felon shoots through a door and hits a Cop... the person charged with murder should be Kennith Walker, since Taylor death was the result of his actions... that's what happens in most any other situation such as this... Leftist DA's have caused this mess, thank George Soros...

BGDaddy, Sharkey, ZekerMan and 7 others like this.
  7. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Thanks dude. No explanation necessary, I get the dilemma of the "Like" lol.

Sgt127 likes this.
  8. Jbritt

Jbritt

If someone kicks in my door in the middle of the night they will get a face full of buckshot. I wouldn’t be expecting it to be the police.

Not defending criminals or anything...just saying.

Also before everyone jumps on me, I haven’t kept up with the specifics of the case but I don’t like the idea of no knock warrants. What if they get my house by mistake? I’ll be dead and so will the first cop through the door. Both innocent, cop just trying to do his job and me trying to do mine by protecting my family.

9. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

When you hear “POLICE SEARCH WARRANT”-repeatedly, by multiple voices, and a loudspeaker outside, and Malinois barking...I wouldn’t bang it out with them.

10. Jbritt

Jbritt

Of course I wouldn’t either cause then I would know it was the police. Maybe my understanding of no knock warrants is flawed.

Quijibo and Intolerant like this.
  11. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

It likely is. Don’t believe everything the MSM tells you. If they can’t get simple firearm nomenclature correct, why would they be the expert authority on law enforcement?

We know a thing or two, because we’ve seen a thing or two. Or something.

BGDaddy, Dukeboy01, OdinIII and 4 others like this.
  12. Ollies930

Ollies930

In this instance I think that the fault lies with the "no knock warrant" and the people who handed it to the plain clothes cops. Do not get me wrong, I despise gangs, drug dealers, BLM and Antifa and have the utmost respect for the police officers putting their lives on the line every day. But if somebody busted down my door while I was sleeping and did not identify themselves, there is a very good chance that I would try to blow them back out the door with my G17 or my 1911. If this happened and I managed to kill one or more of the (unbeknownst to me) police officers, who is at fault? They broke down my door, did not identify themselves and were walking into my home. In AZ we have a right to protect ourselves from intruders and unless identified as police, how would I even know that they were not there to harm me? If the DA or Chief of Police were so concerned about evidence being flushed down the toilet, bring a plumber and temporarily block the sewer line. Then enter in with a regular warrant in full uniform and there will be no shooting, if you happen to be dealing with somebody innocent or at least a smart criminal, who is not stupid enough to shoot at the police. The officers are not to be faulted, since they were following orders and the man shooting at them was trying to defend himself from a perceived threat. Unfortunate set of circumstances brought on by overzealous/stupid superiors, who could have done so much better in a much safer manner.

13. CAcop

CAcop

A warrant usually requires knock and announce.

"Police search warrant." With knocking loudly is enough. We will have someone in the back on perimeter who will say over the air "I heard it." And the door comes down. There is no set time limit for how long to wait.

No knock just means you can boot the door and announce. There is no requirement to wait. Generally for violent suspects or more rarely people going to flush dope. A lot times these days they cut the water and block the sewer before the service. Surround and call outs are possible but they can require evacuation of all neighbors. Basically you get forced to leave your home because the police or the judge down want to do no knock warrants.

We have had one in our city in my 22 years. Meth head wanted for weeks for various charges gets in a high speed pursuit in a stolen semi. Launches it off the road in the mountains. Leaves behind a stolen .380 and a stolen sawed off shotgun.

Next day he knocks on the door of a parolee in town looking for shelter. Parolee wants none of this ****. Slips out with his girlfriend and dimes him out. They got a telephonic, no knock warrant. I was on perimeter. Their announce was as loud as the flashbacks that came a few seconds later.

chemboy, Bus007, SRS and 2 others like this.
  14. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

I’ve been on well over a hundred search warrants, either on an entry team, perimeter, or most commonly for me now, on the long perimeter or the back of the entry team.

Never did a no knock warrant. We have ways of dealing with certain types of people that I won’t go into on this board, but things can be done to make sure everyone is safe.

We aren’t chasing dope either. You can flush your ****, by the time we’re hitting your door we have enough to put you away for years, most of the time federal mandatory minimum years. And you can’t flush your guns, so that’s cool too.

This all feeds in to the narrative that the MSM is pushing. About as accurate as hands up don’t shoot.

You have a better chance of catching the clap from a toilet seat...

15. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

Not going to be pretty as I see no possible way he could charge the police officers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bus007 likes this.
  16. Jbritt

Jbritt

It won’t be pretty no matter what the outcome is would be my guess.

Quijibo and Intolerant like this.
  17. ray9898

ray9898

Yup....it is amazing how the media narrative is still driving this story well after the facts have come out.

• It wasn't a no knock
    • They were at the right apartment
    • She hadn't been an EMT for at least 2 years
    • She wasn't 'asleep in her bed'

She was an active participant in a criminal street gang and her apartment was the subject of a search warrant served simultaneously with those of her co-conspirators in other locations. It was a standard knock and announce, by her BF's own statement there was enough time for them to get up from watching TV, grab his gun and stand in a doorway so he could see down the hall to the front door. When they breached the door the BF shot the first officer, the return fire is what hit her.

....but to this day if you see a news report they will still have all those same inaccuracies that were printed within hours of the incident.

Wasatch, sas-G19, Kawabuggy and 15 others like this.
  18. jd4223

jd4223

I was wondering what the so called "real facts" of the case were. I was wondering what kind of intel the police had to believe the person they were looking for was at that location in order to get a search warrant? From my experience a warrant isn't issued on info that a person might be at the location based on "I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another" Then there was another story put out that the guy they were looking for was already under arrest and in custody prior to the raid? Too bad the public will never know the real truth!

Ohio Cop likes this.
  19. ranger1968

ranger1968

Wayyyyyy down South, shootin' stuff and Jeeping!
    Cool story....

Except that this WAS NOT a " no knock" warrant....in fact, the police knocked so long and so loud that it woke the neighbors, one of whom had enough time to get up, put some clothes on, come outside and argue with the cops about all the racket as they continued to pound on the door; in fact, the suspect who shot through the door at them actually later stated that he knew it was the police....

20. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

LMPD's Facebook post this morning:
    LMPDstreets.jpg