Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of my Northwest Indiana gun brothers, if you know where Blythe's Guns/ and sporting goods shop is at in Valpo.
They have tons of good brand self defense ammunition. I went there today, which is Sat. the 20th. I was looking for anything in 45acp after finding nothing in Bass Pro or Cabela's.
At Blythes I got Winchester Ranger T series, Speer Gold Dot in +P and normal.
Hornady Tap +P FPD, and Cor-Bon 160g DPX.
There were other brands such as Federal personal protection, Cor-Bon JHP and several others.
I also got G21 mags for $26.00 each. Unfortunately no 36 mags.
Wait till the wife sees this credit card bill. :supergrin:

· ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,705 Posts
When I am in there they always have stuff in stock....and the price tag shows you why! :shocked:

That's a seriously nice selection to actually have in stock at a regular ole gun shop, though.

BTW: What was the price on the T-series and did they have the RA9TA (127 +P+) ?

· Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they're expensive. But if you need to resupply the good stuff and there isn't any out there cheaper....know what I mean?
The t series was like 40 dollars per box of 50. Only looked at 45's though.
They did have all the other calibers by what I could see.
I like to keep plenty of good self defense ammo around. I shoot it to test how my guns like it and to keep in practice with my actual carry ammo. I go through a lot of range ammo too.
I couldn't find anything at the other stores.

· ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,705 Posts
Do they still have the newer and absurd gun rental policy where you have to pay for a background check?

We used to rent handguns for $5 with nothing but a government ID....then a year or maybe more ago they changed....how is it now?

· Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've never rented a gun from them. Next time I'm in, I'll ask.
Hey IndianaMatt, Cabelas was a very good place for ammo when they first opened the store. I never really thought Bass Pro was all that great.

· Registered
442 Posts
Do they still have the newer and absurd gun rental policy where you have to pay for a background check?

We used to rent handguns for $5 with nothing but a government ID....then a year or maybe more ago they changed....how is it now?
I stopped in today and was told $16 plus you have to purchase the ammo from them. Range fee is $9 and range ammo is $20 for 50 rd. When I asked what kind of range ammo I was told, it's all the same.

· ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,705 Posts
I stopped in today and was told $16 plus you have to purchase the ammo from them. Range fee is $9 and range ammo is $20 for 50 rd. When I asked what kind of range ammo I was told, it's all the same.
I will not bother returning, then.

· Dapper Dan
4,170 Posts
Blythes in Valpo is the only place I ever shoot anymore. Nice lanes, clean, good selection to browse before and after. Plus its only $9 if you don't buy ammo or ears or targets, and I always bring my own.

Great place. My last 2 guns I bought from the Griffith store and got a good deal on both.

· Registered
571 Posts
I visit the Blythe stores every week or so. They are nice people but most of their stuff is high. Shooting at the Valpo store is quite nice tho. I just bought 300 rds of 9mm target at Hammond Cabela's 50 @ $12. You have to be there when they put the ammo out ( 9mm or 380 ) or forget it I went home and balanced my checking account I had more money than I thought but it was gone when I got back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.