Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of my Northwest Indiana gun brothers, if you know where Blythe's Guns/ and sporting goods shop is at in Valpo.
They have tons of good brand self defense ammunition. I went there today, which is Sat. the 20th. I was looking for anything in 45acp after finding nothing in Bass Pro or Cabela's.
At Blythes I got Winchester Ranger T series, Speer Gold Dot in +P and normal.
Hornady Tap +P FPD, and Cor-Bon 160g DPX.
There were other brands such as Federal personal protection, Cor-Bon JHP and several others.
I also got G21 mags for $26.00 each. Unfortunately no 36 mags.
Wait till the wife sees this credit card bill. :supergrin:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,572 Posts
When I am in there they always have stuff in stock....and the price tag shows you why! :shocked:

That's a seriously nice selection to actually have in stock at a regular ole gun shop, though.

BTW: What was the price on the T-series and did they have the RA9TA (127 +P+) ?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they're expensive. But if you need to resupply the good stuff and there isn't any out there cheaper....know what I mean?
The t series was like 40 dollars per box of 50. Only looked at 45's though.
They did have all the other calibers by what I could see.
I like to keep plenty of good self defense ammo around. I shoot it to test how my guns like it and to keep in practice with my actual carry ammo. I go through a lot of range ammo too.
I couldn't find anything at the other stores.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I'm a regular at Blythe's in Valpo! Staff there is usually very friendly and yes, lots of available ammo at decent prices. I've pretty much given up on the Cabela's and Bass Pro for ammo.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,572 Posts
Do they still have the newer and absurd gun rental policy where you have to pay for a background check?

We used to rent handguns for $5 with nothing but a government ID....then a year or maybe more ago they changed....how is it now?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've never rented a gun from them. Next time I'm in, I'll ask.
Hey IndianaMatt, Cabelas was a very good place for ammo when they first opened the store. I never really thought Bass Pro was all that great.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Do they still have the newer and absurd gun rental policy where you have to pay for a background check?

We used to rent handguns for $5 with nothing but a government ID....then a year or maybe more ago they changed....how is it now?
I stopped in today and was told $16 plus you have to purchase the ammo from them. Range fee is $9 and range ammo is $20 for 50 rd. When I asked what kind of range ammo I was told, it's all the same.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,572 Posts
I stopped in today and was told $16 plus you have to purchase the ammo from them. Range fee is $9 and range ammo is $20 for 50 rd. When I asked what kind of range ammo I was told, it's all the same.
I will not bother returning, then.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it helps any, their range ammo is actually very good. I shoot it often and it is always consisitant. Never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
If it helps any, their range ammo is actually very good. I shoot it often and it is always consisitant. Never had a problem with it.
Thanks, that is what I was worried about. He even raised both arms when he said it like I was bothering him.

·
Dapper Dan
4,170 Posts
Blythes in Valpo is the only place I ever shoot anymore. Nice lanes, clean, good selection to browse before and after. Plus its only $9 if you don't buy ammo or ears or targets, and I always bring my own.

Great place. My last 2 guns I bought from the Griffith store and got a good deal on both.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I visit the Blythe stores every week or so. They are nice people but most of their stuff is high. Shooting at the Valpo store is quite nice tho. I just bought 300 rds of 9mm target at Hammond Cabela's 50 @ $12. You have to be there when they put the ammo out ( 9mm or 380 ) or forget it I went home and balanced my checking account I had more money than I thought but it was gone when I got back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts