lost someone close to me this week

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by raven11, Feb 6, 2010.

1. raven11

raven11

my grand mother passed away at the ripe old age of 88 with her family and friends around her

i was close to my Grandmother thorough my life, my mother was the last to leave the house. my grandmother was the one who would sometimes feed me , change my diapers, cradle me to sleep. and thorough my life it was a small tradition to spend every weekend at her house. i grew up on stories of her rich life from a small farm in Southeast Asia to a wife of a Colonel, WWII , communism, coming to America

when i was on leave i use to bring my dress blues home, she always enjoyed when one of her grand kids visited her,being tall and with my broad shoulders i always got the comment i looked like Grandpa when he was a Lt.

while at her funeral one of her daughters who broke off contact after Grandma pleaded with her to leave her abusive husband came back. she cried about how she never got to apologize to her mother until it was too late

i'm blessed to know my Grandma like I did, I really makes you look at your own mortality. i couldn't imagine the pain of not telling someone how you felt until they were on their deathbed

sometimes you have to let the small stuff go and not hold gruges , becasue you never know

2. CSnakes

CSnakes

Well said Raven. My condolences to you and your family. She helped make you the man you are. Please keep the wonderful memories of your time with her close and no matter how proud you think she is of you, I'm sure it pales in comparison to her actual pride.

Take Care,

3. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe CLM

Raven, I'm saddened by your family's loss but happy for the life your Grandmother had and the time you had with her. My prayers to all of you and thank you for the wise words in that post.

4. AdobeGlock

AdobeGlock

Sorry for your loss. You made a good woman proud of you-that is no small thing in this world.

5. 2bgop

2bgop

Sorry for your loss. I'm sure she was proud of you.

6. hardeyes

hardeyes

Hello;

I'm sorry for you're lost Raven11.

I respect you for having the love you had for you're GrandMa. I know many people that do not like to spend their time with the elderly because it's not cool.

Take comfort in knowing that she knew you loved her, and that she knew you where raised right.

Once again, I wish you & yours comfort in this time of lost.

hardeyes

7. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

Got me crying and I didn't even know her. I know it hurts, but I am glad you were close.

Wise words in this post, people. Never let the sun set on a discord. May not be a sunrise.....

8. okie

okie GT Mayor

I'm so sorry raven, may she RIP:angel:

9. BigFelipe

BigFelipe BeenQuietTilNow

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Great-Grandmother this past Christmas. It's rough stuff. Take care...

10. RLB

RLB

Sorry for your loss.
    It is tough. Glad you were able to spend the time with her that you did.
    Time will make it easier.

11. SonOfMallNinja

SonOfMallNinja

I am sorry for your loss.

As much as she enriched your life, you should know that you enriched hers every bit as much.

12. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

Sorry for your loss. As I get older, more folks that have had importance in my life are passing away all the time. All the good they had in them has had positive effects on me, and their goodness 'lives' on when I live a just and honest, upright life. Wisdom and love is passed down this way. Most folks in our mobile society don't have the benefit of hanging out with elders who 'been there and done that'. When I was younger and full of piss and vinegar, I never thought too much of their exprience...as I get older, I sure realize the value of the wise ones. Not every old person is a font of wisdom ,but the ones that are are real jewels.

13. restlessgun

restlessgun BO still sucks

My Condolences Raven:

My Grandmother Died six years ago yesterday and it still seems like yesterday.
    She died in a nursing home. She had a stroke and was very ill.

I will tell you something someone told me.

If you want to keep the memory of your Grandmother alive, then try to be the person she always hoped you would be.

May God take her into his loving arms.

14. raven11

raven11

thank you for your condolences everyone, its been awhile since the last death in the family and its been hard on everyone

before i always wondered why people post theses threads on internet forums . but , its comforting to talk about it to someone

15. Shooter Ed

Shooter Ed Millennium Member

Raven,
    Sorry for your loss. Your grandma knew she had a fine grandson. May she RIP.

Ed.

16. GlockPride

GlockPride M&P

So sorry for your loss.