close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lost one of ours.

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Dave T, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Dave T

Dave T

Our 12 year old German Shephard, Bruno was put to sleep a week ago. Quite suddenly he simply couldn't stand on this back legs. He had been having trouble for 6 months but we had put him on medication and he was getting by and didn't seem to be in any pain. Then on Wednesday evening, week before last, he just couldn't stand erect anymore. After an agonizing day of thinking about it we made the decision and had him put down Friday morning. My wife held his head in her lap as his great heart beat its last.

My wife got this fine dog from her father who was too old (86 at the time) to handle a 3 year old, 90# Shephard. He quickly became the best dog we ever had. She trained and competed with him in Obedience, Agility and Shutzhund. He did everything she ask of him and gave it his all. My wife is heart broken and will never forget this wonderful dog.

I used to wonder why horses live 20-25 years and dogs more like 12-15 years. I've now figured it out. If Bruno had been around for 20+ years, his loss would have killed my wife and I wouldn't be doing much better. They so enrich our lives.

Dave

2. GAdobemom

GAdobemom

Dave T I'm so sorry for your loss, my prayers are with your family at this difficult time.

3. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

Oh my gosh Dave!! I am so sorry to hear this.

Several of us have all been there.......

"Don't cry because it's over, instead, smile because it happened"......no truer words have been spoken. :hugs:

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty