Lost one of my cats Monday

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by MrJinx, Apr 26, 2007.

1. MrJinx

MrJinx Cats rule!!!

Got home from a ruff day at the office to find my cat Lady dead lying on my bed. It has been a tuff few days. This was totally out of the blue. She had no indications of any problems. Her diet did not include anything on the pet recall list either.

The solance I take is that what I can tell was sleeping and passed quitely. That and the fact we had a good ten years together.

R.I.P. Lady

[​IMG]

With the rest of the gang.

[​IMG]

2. pjrocco

pjrocco Rock

I'm sorry for your lose. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

4. NITE SITE 53

NITE SITE 53

5. nightwolf1974

nightwolf1974

sorry for your loss. at least you have the memories.

6. goldenlight

goldenlight

Wow, that is a VERY bad way to lose a pet. Usually, you have at least some warning, so you can prepare yourself.

My deepest condolences and sympathy for your loss.

7. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

I am sorry. :crying:

I lost Patches after 10 years. She was my buddy and she faded for several days, it was difficult to see her slipping away.

She was a big girl at 11 pounds. :cat: :sad:

[​IMG]

8. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

9. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

My cat for 14 years, Alex. Mr. laid back "el gato" cat.

[​IMG]

10. MrJinx

MrJinx Cats rule!!!

Thanks to everyone for their thougths.

I had gotten an email from a friend I haven't seen in a while. It was the coolest way of looking at loss like this:

Scooter,

I just got off the phone with your brother and I heard the bad news. I just want to let you know how bad I feel for you and your other feline friends. Listen Brother I know exactly what you are feeling right now and it is not something that is an enjoyable experience. Just take solace in the fact that you provided a great life for that cat and she couldn’t have been happier or luckier to have such a loving home. I truly believe that God made it so that dogs and cats don’t live as long as people so that those of us that own them can take care of more than one of them in our life time. I know that it sucks right now but just remember how much joy that Lady brought to you and much joy you brought to her life. She was grateful even though sometimes it probably seemed as though she didn’t care. Well I really don’t know what else to say except I am truly sorry for you loss.

11. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

He makes a good point... :)

12. ATL Peach Girl

ATL Peach Girl ♥Meezers♥

MrJinx.......

I am so sorry about this.......she was a gorgeous girl!!

Something that may have ended her life is "cardiomyopathy".......it is progressive and most times the owner has NO clue their cat has it. My little 2 year old Josh died of it, he just quit eating 2 days before he died and luckily went unconscience at the vet.......

One of my co-workers lost her 3 yr old cat this way too, she came home one day to find her beloved girl had passed on top of the fridge, her fave place to lay........an autopsy was done and it was cardiomyopathy that killed her kitty.....the same thing as Josh.

My vet at the time told me that 15% of all cats have it......my current vet tells me it is more common in pure breds and Josh was a purebred chocolate point siamese. I have since read on the web it is more common in Maine Coons and Persians, but all cats can have it.

I am sorry that you had to go through this......and it's going to always be one of life's mysteries on why our dear furry pets go like they do......when they are in seemingly good health.

:sad: :hugs: :angel: :sadangel: