GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
28,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, I was eating a usually tasty lunch , grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup , and I realized it tasted " off ", actually it tasted bad. My wife said it tasted OK to her and then said. " Didn't you get a flu shot yesterday ? "

My taste seemed to return the next day.

Could the flu shot have affected my taste that way ? I have never noticed it doing that before but I was never attuned to the loss of taste/smell like I am now with the WuFlu.

:headscratch:

Reactions: Ramjet38

·
Premium Member
8,977 Posts
Very well could be . I got a flu shot a few years back and it was literally a flu shot. I lost smell, taste and a couple days out of work sick because of it .

·
Registered
8,682 Posts
I had the same thing happen, just 1 day.

I didn't get a flu shot though. That's a sign of the COVID, losing taste. I didn't feel that great either. Better now. Maybe I got it over with?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Maybe the shot. Maybe the Coronas.

But sometimes, especially as I get older, sometimes one of my senses is just off for a day or so. Taste, smell, sight, hearing. Maybe low grade infection of some kind. Maybe just getting older.

Reactions: willie_pete

·
Registered
10,735 Posts
I have noticed the air tasting funny for a few weeks. This started before the fires and it happens at home or away. I don't recall anything like this before.

Reactions: willie_pete

·
Senior Moment
5,857 Posts
Could the flu shot have affected my taste that way ? I have never noticed it doing that before but I was never attuned to the loss of taste/smell like I am now with the WuFlu.
About a year and a half ago I had what I thought was the flu. Was sick for about 3 days and lost sense of smell and taste. It only came back about 20% and it looks like that's all I'll recover.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
I switched brands of generic fexofenadine and now I have a real crappy taste in my mouth. Hell of a diet aide, nothing tastes good. Sense of smell still works good though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts