Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last evening my 17 year old dog wandered out of the yard at about 5:30. We finally quit looking for her at 3 this morning. We searched our entire 65 acres (ditches, woods and lake) we spot-lighted the neighbors yards from 2 to 3 AM, we drove the 4 roads around our farm for 6 hours.

At 7 this morning we found her in the road. It had to be sudden and instant. The road is a long way from the yard.

Knowing she was going down fast I dug a grave yesterday afternoon and was going to have to make the call to the vet this week. Didn't plan on using the grave this morning.

All in all, a pretty crappy 15 hours.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your best friend. Prayers send.
What was her name?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I am sorry for your loss.

·
Obie Wan, RIP
10,923 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. You had her longer than most, not that that's much consolation.

·
****** Viejo
29,757 Posts
Prayers sent. tom.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Sorry for your loss, but like above 17 years together is awesome. I know it's hard now(today), but she had a long great life.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My Kate spent 12 years at my side and travelled to all lower 48 with me. There will never be another Kate but we did get another dog. She makes nearly every step I do. Her name is Annie.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
So sorry

·
Glock Gimp
13,851 Posts
Annie is the name of my Dog. So sorry for your loss.

·
owl protector
2,157 Posts
Last summer I had to put down my St. Bernard, less than five days later my old hound dog walked off and never came back. Searched everywhere for her, sat on the hilltop looking for buzzards for days. She must have made it very far away or crawled down into a deep hole.

A few days later I was visiting my St. Bernard's grave site and I noticed five or six baby raccoons in the tree next to me. They were hanging out about eye level. I now have a one year old Bluetick **** hound.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Very sorry to hear. I hope 17 years of happy memories soon outweigh the pain of your loss.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. It really hurts the pack to lose such a wonderful member. I hope you can get picked for a new companion soon. Condolences.

·
Why so serious?
66,269 Posts
Our furry four legged friends are simply the best.

Sorry for your loss. May 17 years of memories help soften the blow by providing those happy moments of flash memory when something triggers them.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts