lost my job, baton rouge La.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mrwiggins, Nov 23, 2005.

1. mrwiggins

mrwiggins lookout ladies

what more is there to say. the reasons were i filed something wrong, i was seen reading a news paper, budget cuts, and i think that was it. geez man, i've never done anything but good work, and i've never been fired or anything other than praised. i'm having such bad luck here, i'm working hard, trying, but nothing is giving. it makes me look at myself and ask why, why try to be a good person. I don't know, my boss called me in, told me that they were letting me go, asked if i wanted to continue working the next 2 weeks. i said no and thanked her for the job and left. i don't like this, i'm really depressed because i've always been a hard worker, and like i said, i've never had anything other than compliments. anyone know of any good flexible jobs in the baton rouge area that are willing to work with students? I'm thinknig of trying to work at percisions or maybe jims guns, but i doubt i'll get hired even though i have some experience, i'm 20. anyone know of any good job openings? i'm experienced with teleconferenceing equipment and distance learning polycom equipment, pretty proficent with computers, i'm a good "people person" and i maintained my own small company in HS and my first year of college selling higher quality oakley knock-off sunglasses. I have a wide varity of skills, and i've even done a good bit of manual labor, but when your in school you need to study,can't do it effectively if your tired, which means i really should stay away from those kind of jobs. i'm a marketing major if anyone is wondering. looking back, maybe this is for the best, i hated that job.

2. Gatman

Gatman

Good luck. Hit up www.monster.com and other job websites. Consider this an oppurtunity to move out on your own again. Perhaps try out of state or what not.

I am not real clear if you have your degree or not but if you do then look around. If not there are always other jobs.

3. mrwiggins

mrwiggins lookout ladies

i don't have my degree yet, thats all thats holding me back. i think this happend for a reason

4. GixxerSixxer

GixxerSixxer Phil Deez Nutz

Your University should have some jobs available, not great pay but a job. I know the pay lot workers at my U are all students. The library usually has high turnover rates and hires lots of students.

Don't feel bad, my work just laid off four workers last month due to budget reasons. Since many companies are entering their new first quarter they need to look good on paper to investors, so they cut overhead to free up lots of money.

There should be a career center as well at your school. Go there and find out about interships and other jobs. Some interships will allow you to get school credit. Also from what I've seen if you are good worker during the internship there's a 50/50 chance you will offered a part-time to full-time position with the company.

Since you're good with computers, ever thought of working at the computer lab at your U? Most of the guys at my U working the computer lab play internet games and IM for a few hours. You could probably spend the time studying if you wanted to.

5. mrwiggins

mrwiggins lookout ladies

but since another dept. let me go, i probably won't get anywhere, even though i have great pre-req. that any you have to know people. but ya man i'm looking around. the reason for my cut was i was the most recently hired. last one in, first one out. the greatest part is tuition is going up. thanks katrina!