Lost my Dog to Lyme Disease

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by glockawakka, Jun 1, 2007.

1. glockawakka

glockawakka

Tuesday night I had to put my dog down. Today I can finally talk about it without bawling. He was a 4year old Mutt. Greatest Dog I've ever known. Kidneys failure from Lyme Disease. He was regularly vaccinated with the lyme vaccine, frontline on a regular basis as well. Last thursday he went in for a regular check up and I told the doc he wasn't eating very well starting earlier that week, He lost 8lbs from the year before so he did a blood test. Had to give him an IV 2x a day, pills, and force feed food and water with a syringe. I couldn't see him suffer anymore so I let him go.

He was my best friend..

well so much for not crying.

2. Petra

Petra

I'm sorry for your loss. It's even harder when they are so young. You kind of start to expect it when they are older, but even then it's still hard.

I know I cried like a baby every time I thought of my sweet baby Duncan for about a month or so after we had to have him put to sleep. It does get easier, but it takes time. Hang in there.

3. carry finally

carry finally

Really Sorry for your loss. I have a lab beagal mix SPOOKY he is 11 years old and i dread the day i have to make that decision. Good luck buddy.

4. Lesatvv

Lesatvv Weasel

I am truly sorry for your loss. Hang in there. I know what you are going through.

Rebecca

5. goldenlight

goldenlight

I'm very sorry for your tragic loss. It's even worse, since you took every step to protect him.

It's very, very hard to lose them when they are in the prime of life, like this.

Wish I could say something to take the pain away, but there's really nothing.

I have lost 2 beloved pets, so I know how you feel....