lost my buddy

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Trench Sweeper, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    The Chihuahua of 16 years died this morning. But my daughter took it hardest. She is 10 and never knew life without her. Plus they slept together. Gonna be a long night for my daughter I'm afraid

2. Wil Ufgood

Wil Ufgood GTDS #88 CLM

3. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

My deepest sympathies. You lost a family member, as I see it. Sorry for your loss.

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  4. Trench Sweeper

5. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Lost mine on the 27th hardest thing I've gone through to date. Try was my best friend. My heart goes out to you and your family.

6. RetDet

RetDet Millennium Member

Been through it many times. Heartfelt sympathy to you and your daughter.

7. OldSchool64

OldSchool64

Words don't come easy for me when I hear about the loss of a loved one and/or a family member, hope you don't mind if I just quote a post.

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  8. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified Roamer

My condolences on you loss.

9. Cred's Cariad

Cred's Cariad

10. Trench Sweeper

11. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 L T G

Very sorry to hear this...been there....its terrible ...

12. paparockcal

paparockcal

I'm 66 and went through that loss a few months back myself so I feel your and your daughter's pain. While I have over the years had a few dogs both large and small the one I lost most recently is the one that hurt the most. She was a small toy poodle that when I got her she fit in the palm of my hand which she promptly gave a lick and looked up into my eyes. Now I'm a big guy 6' 5" and 300 lbs but she twisted me around her tiny paw. My wife and I slept in the spare room for the first week because the bed there was low enough I could lay my hand over the side of the bed into the bed we bought for her since she was so young and newly separated from her litter.

Well my wife had a male toy poodle so she became a total daddies girl and shadow over the years. Everywhere her daddy was she HAD to be. her name was Katie (Miss Katherine Hepburn Latham in the registry). I was in the hospital for a week once and if it had not been for our wonderful vet we would have lost her because she became so stressed over my absence. My wife and I worked on that over the years with short absences and eventually kennel stays so that would never happen again; she learned her daddy could leave but would come back for her.

She developed a heart murmur over the years and finally at 17 one day as I was taking her outside she fell over and I new she was dieing. I picked her up in my hands and carried her to "our bed" as she slept with me all her life. I laid her down as she struggled for breath and I told her I loved her and that it was OK. I understood if she had to go. I cried like a baby as I watched her breath her last as I am now writing this. I have her ashes, footprints, and collar in my living room so I can always honor her memory.

So you tell your daughter what a friend told me to help me feel better. That all our loved puppies are waiting on the Rainbow Bridge for us. They are all young again and playing with each other waiting for us to join them again. And when that day comes and they again see us, when we are coming toward that Rainbow Bridge in the sky they will run to us and leap into our arms never to be separated from us again.
    Rocky

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
    Glockworks, kaisooba and jddeason like this.
  13. jddeason

jddeason

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Similar story to Paparockcal, but mine was a [email protected] lbs. rottie who loved me and tolerated my wife. She (the dog, not the wife) passed 2 days after I got back from a week long hospital stay.

That was 12 years ago. I still cry like a little girl every time I think of her. I hope that rainbow bridge story is true.

Who the hell is chopping onions?!

Glockworks likes this.
  14. kaisooba

kaisooba

So Very sorry for your loss. It is very hard too take.