GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
First throwing ax bullseye.
2,335 Posts
Good on you Gregory for trying. An awful lot of people wouldn't.

I'm very sorry to hear that Greg. You did well by trying to save his life. Unfortunately, CPR almost never works, so don't blame yourself.
Unfortunately this is true. In my 30 years of fire service I did CPR dozens, if not hundreds, of times. Of all of them I only know of 1 time that the outcome was a live patient.

Reactions: DaleGribble

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
I want all to notice that the boss took the time to learn CPR. I am not a first responder. However, I did CPR once and another time Heimlich on someone else.

Sorry for the loss.

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
He was already gone by the time I got to him.
Left behind a wife and two teenage boys.

Double check the life insurance info. It looks like he didn’t fill it out fully, might have some issues with that.
Take care of it for him and his family.

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,170 Posts
Condolences and prayers to all.

Let's not overlook some positives in this terrible situation:
He wasn't stricken while driving. Others could have been hurt or killed.

He worked and provided for his family right up to his final moment of life.

He probably felt bad when he sat down. In his final moments, we can hope that he knew he was going home and was prepared.

Flash

·
Back to work...
2,740 Posts
Very sorry for the horrible experience: I hope I never experience something like it.
And yet, through the darkness, followers of Jesus will always have the comfort of the hope that lives within: a quiet joy that remains deep in our beings, carrying us through death and despair.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Damn. That’s definitely a terrible day. Sorry to hear. Great job on you for trying to save him. Where I work they all would be looking around wondering how to dial 911.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts