GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost one of my employees today.
Normal morning, he came in around 745 and loaded his truck for the morning delivery.
He came back to the shop around 10 and reloaded the truck for a few local deliveries.
Around 1030 I heard some odd noises from the break room and went to check on him. He was slouched over in the chair unresponsive, no pulse.
Drug him out of the chair and on to the floor and began CPR.
The Calvary arrived about 5 minutes after the initial 911 call and took over compressions and hooked up the AED.
He was already gone by the time I got to him.
Left behind a wife and two teenage boys.
Take away:
Have a emergency contact and make sure your colleagues know it. It took us 2 hours to find his wife’s phone number.
Double check the life insurance info. It looks like he didn’t fill it out fully, might have some issues with that.

The good:
He was a believer, so we know where he is now.

Hell of a day.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Normal morning, he came in around 745 and loaded his truck for the morning delivery.
He came back to the shop around 10 and reloaded the truck for a few local deliveries.
Around 1030 I heard some odd noises from the break room and went to check on him. He was slouched over in the chair unresponsive, no pulse.
The Calvary arrived about 5 minutes after the initial 911 call and took over compressions and hooked up the AED.
Take away:
Have a emergency contact and make sure your colleagues know it. It took us 2 hours to find his wife’s phone number.
Double check the life insurance info. It looks like he didn’t fill it out fully, might have some issues with that.

The good:

Hell of a day.
Thanks for the reminders.

Be well.

·
Why so serious?
64,720 Posts
Prayers for the family.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

·
bene vivere
1,781 Posts
You did your best for your employee. You took action to save his life. My condolences and prayers for all involved.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,065 Posts
I hope is was quick and painless for him. Best wishes for his family

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
Wow, that is an experience. Had a coworker go down from a severe stroke once. He did not die but was pretty much a vegetable.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Take away:

The good:

Hell of a day.
Had almost the exact same thing happen to me only I caught it in time and the guy survived. His wife had just started a new job that day so we couldn't find contact information for her until he became responsive at the hospital. One of my takeaways was to create an emergency contact list and kept in a conspicuous location around my desk

·
Registered
566 Posts
That’s awful Greg. If there will be something set up for the family for us to help let us know. Nothing makes it better for them immediately but maybe some help for the family would ease the loss.

·
Registered
26,188 Posts
You did your best. R.I.P.

·
Gringo Viejo
28,511 Posts
Prayers sent. tom.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts