Lost all respect for Steve "The King" Kinser last night

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Hauptmann6, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

Went out to the dirt track to see the All Star Sprint car series last night. Was a great race with some big names (Steve Kinser, Kody Kinser, Dale Blaney etc).

In the A main Kinser was leading from the flag in dominating fashion but on the long runs his tires were going away so the second place car was a couple car lengths back. Third was a few more car lengths back. Caleb Griffith in third was having a decent run started in third fell back a little and worked his way back up to third. With two to go he got a monster run on second place and went around him and reeled in Kinser on the last lap he got an even better run from about 3-4 lengths back and passed Kinser for the lead in turn 4 for the win.

After going through the scales the winner and third place drove back onto the track for the interviews and presentations. Kinser just bailed to his truck packed up and left.

Come on man, you have more wins than anyone, you got beat. It happens. Come out and talk up your sponsors and give some credit to the winner and fans that are paying to see your ass race.

Just found the video.

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

I can not get the video to load. Is it possible he had a long trip home or to his next engagement? Even if a quick comment to that effect along with a thanks to others there ought to not cost but maybe thirty seconds.

3. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

The next race was 2.5 hours away. The next afternoon. There was no reason for it the entire presentation was 10 min. He just got embarrassed and left.

Try this link

4. norton

norton

Good grief man, cut the guy some slack. He has been entertaining dirt track fans for more years then many in the stands have been on this earth. He is near the end of his career. He's given back plenty to the sport.

5. F350

F350

Bobby Kinser and Sheldon Kinser were the fore runners of the Kinser clan (Karl Kinser was a car owner/builder), Sheldon Kinser was a cousin to my buddy Tony Solomito and got him into sprint racing. A whole bunch of the early World of Outlaws were from the southern Indiana area where I grew up. I traveled the early circuit with Tony for several years.

In the beginning I always found Steve to be friendly to be around and fan friendly too. Everyone has a bad night, who knows what was going on.

6. clint curtis

clint curtis

Wings are for airplanes

7. norton

norton

Kenny Schrader, one of my all time favorites, named his son after Sheldon Kinser. Kenny came up through the ranks in open wheel, before making the jump to Nascar.

8. Dave514

Dave514

While agreeing that he should have 'done his duty', I'm reminded of the Vince Lombardi quote "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser".

Sometimes part of what make a competitor great is also a flaw.

9. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Stepping down to the gin palace

It is grown men driving tiny cars around in a circle. Who cares?

10. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

That's why I and so many others in the stands were so annoyed. Because he should know better. I could see a rookie doing it or someone that hasn't been doing it long...

11. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam

Do you know what he had planned after the race?

Maybe he was taking momma out to dinner or some sort of event. Maybe he leaves for vacation today.

Maybe he was just beat.