close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lost a friend yesterday and I'm good with it.....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by .264 magnum, Nov 28, 2012.

1. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Over the last 1.5 years or so I'd become pretty good friends, in a superficial guy-buddy kind of way, with a man from an ex-Eastern Block country. He's extremely well educated, successful and worldly and decent. Or so I thought.

Scene - inside my man cave last night, everyone armed.

This guy, "Bill", and another friend of mine, "Fred", and I had put a good dent in bottle of MacAllan 15 Fine Oak and the conversation drifted to politics, economics, and such. All good so far. Then I brought up oil, that led to the current Israeli/Palestinian conundrum. And then Fred mentioned his several years of service in the IDF and his life in Israel. Bill without any hesitation segues into a tired and bankrupt rant about the holocaust being over blown with maybe 50,000 total Jews gassed etc. Jews are scheming scum bags who trick and seduce everyone else into a kind of passive enslavement blah, blah, blah - AND HE WOULD NOT STOP. I asked him to stop. And again. And again. After maybe 20/30 seconds of Julius Sctreicher quality BS NAZI speak Fred got up, looked at me and said, "I'm leaving". I said, "no you are not Bill is". To which Bill said, "if I leave now 'WE WILL NEVER SPEAK AGAIN'". I walked him to the door.

I'm still pissed.
    1. I'm shocked I had no inkling that Bill was a super bigot and NAZI admiring holocaust denier.
    2. Fred was very cool about it all afterwards.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

You'd be amazed at the sort of people who are Jew haters.

One of my nephews is probably a card carrying neo-Nazi the way he talks about Jews. Now, check this out, he's 1/4 Asian. Of course, the German half of his is probably uber alles.

3. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

sounds like you handled that perfectly, screw "Bill".

4. Santa CruZin

Santa CruZin RIP Mr. Mayor

Bill defined your friendship right then and there. Good riddance.

5. LawScholar

LawScholar

Screw that guy. Good call.

6. Tx-SIG229

Tx-SIG229

What made you want to be friends with Bill in the first place?

Be friendly to everyone but have a plan to kill them..... Just in case...

7. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

The scary thing is, that's not all too uncommon these days. I myself have been surprised by some folks.

8. aplcr0331

aplcr0331 Compulsory Collectivisim

A while back I was reading about holocaust deniers. Interesting bunch that is for sure. I got so far down one worm hole that I found out many deniers believe President Eisenhower was not an American citizen. Our first birther conspiracy (that's right our first birther conspiracy - right before the Nixon birther consiracy and the Bush conspiracy (GH not GW). In order for the deniers to get to where they needed to be they hypothized that Eisenhower was a Jew born in Austria.

You handled that very well.

9. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

Shooting. I met him at a local indoor range.

10. CAcop

CAcop

Another example of why not to drink armed or otherwise have dangerous objects nearby.

This assclown could have been a few shots full of booze away from starting a gunfight. That is just drama you don't need.

11. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

No question, I've been thinking about that. For the record we each had two drinks over the course of about three hours, none of us was near intoxication.

When my wife and kids are out - and they were last evening - I allow my friends to pack in my house. I may have to re-think that rule.

12. ray9898

ray9898

Tough situation for a 'friend' to put you in.

13. Critias

Critias Freelancer CLM

What's especially strange to me is how some knucklehead would go off on that sort of rant right after someone else in the room just mentioned they'd lived in Israel and served in the IDF for years. It shows such a bizarre lack of basic human etiquette that it just floors me. It's like...

Person A: My mom recently passed away from cancer.

Person B: Wooo, yay cancer! I love cancer! I hate moms! Families suck, go cancer!

I just...I mean, even if what you're saying isn't ridiculous and offensive and dehumanizing and conspiracy-theorist/anti-Semitic bull****, isn't it just really bizarre to go off on that rant right after someone else said they'd served in the IDF? Take a social clue, buddy. Pay attention to the attitudes of the people around you before you go off on weird rants.

14. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

A former neighbor of mine, a highly educated engineer, was a Croat from the former Yugoslavia and he told some wild WWII stories.

After a short while I realized he was on the wrong side and proud of it.

I only wish my dad was alive to hear his stories as he was a pilot too. Fortunately no politics were discussed.

As far as your ex-friend, he sounds like a jerk trying to start a fight with views influenced by his relatives who possibly fought on the Axis side.

15. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

maybe he was an American jew, you know, the kind that dont support Israeli jews.

16. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Even "anti-zionist" type American Jews are pretty well lined up against Holocaust denial.

17. Cooper

Cooper

Sorry about your friend. What the hell were you doing drinking while armed?

Edited to tone it down now that I see you've addressed this already. Still, though. No good can come from mixing booze and guns.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  18. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

thats because its a convenient victim banner for them.....when it comes time to stand up for Israel, American jews are amazingly absent from the front lines (generally).

19. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

I disagree and think you are out of your mind if you think American Jews use the Holocaust as a "convenient banner" instead of having a very sincere and deep belief in the nature of the Holocaust and its meaning to the Jewish people.

I would also say that most American Jews are pro Israel...and of course, like many things in life people support, it doesnt mean a lot of them are going to do much about it but you paint with far too broad a brush, plenty of American Jews do a LOT for the sake of Israel.

20. 9jeeps

9jeeps

Not only the Jews are hated.
    You'd be Amazed how many Christians are also hated!
    And right on Glock Talk.
    OP! You did the right thing!!!!!!!!!