Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
NOT A COOK
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some say, "It's just a cat". No, he was our Wily Man, 18 1/2 year old Main ****, left us today as peacefully as he lived his life. Our daughter knew him only the last eight years of his life, and is devastated. My Wife is heartbroken as he was one of two of her first pets, he was the Bubbies.

We knew it was coming, but it hurts quite a bit. My eyes welled up a bit when I realized I didn't have to fix up his meds tonight. We will miss this furry little bugger.

Good night Wily Man, no more pain, we will miss you.

·
Glock 19 Rocks!
6,478 Posts
Sorry to hear about your family's loss! My cat is 16 years old and she still here with us but I know she'll be leaving us in the near future! :crying:

·
Banned
12,975 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Condolences and thoughts coming your way. My kee-kat is a big part of the family too.

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
Sorry about Wily Man.... that sucks.

·
Banned
5,038 Posts
sorry my friend , also in our family pets are family period. and it hurts so bad , prayers to your family . he lived a good long time , cherish the memories . :crying:

·
Retired Member
9,202 Posts
Judy and I know that hollow ache all too well, and we grieve with you tonight...

Animal companions are as much family as anybody. I don't care if they're dogs, cats, birds, whatever--they matter.

Why do people do this, befriend and offer love to animal companions that in all likelihood, will expire long before they do? It's a certain recipe for heartache... Judy and I believe we do it because the prospect of a life without such companionship is the greater loss.

Celebrate your time with Wily Man, and honor him by remembering.

Time heals. But it often leaves scars. It's the price we pay for loving.

--Ray

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about Wily Man. It hurts to lose family like that. It sounds like he was well loved, and that's the important thing. Remember him, and miss him, and know that he had a good life. Again, sorry for your loss.

-Pat

·
Registered
32,867 Posts
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

·
NRA Member
3,238 Posts
Losing a pet can be very difficult especially after they lived and were part of your family that long. My condolences.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.:crying:

I lost my 15 year old cat late last October, after a long illness, and I still get upset when I think about her.

I have 3 cats buried in my backyard.

Our pets add so much to our lives. But it is a sad fact that we are destined to outlive them.

I hope when the time is right, you will consider adopting another cat.

The shelters are full to the rafters with wonderful cats and kittens, just waiting for a miracle, from a human to take them home, to live with them.:cool:

·
Retired Member
9,202 Posts
I hope when the time is right, you will consider adopting another cat.

The shelters are full to the rafters with wonderful cats and kittens, just waiting for a miracle, from a human to take them home, to live with them. :cool:

This, when you're ready, and the time and conditions are right, is one of the best ways I can think of to honor the memory of a beloved animal companion.

Another thing you can do is donate to an animal shelter.

--Ray

·
Searching
9,188 Posts
I lost a 16 year old cat to bladder cancer on December 29th. The battle included two universities.

I feel your pain, brother.

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
21 year old daughter lost two year old "Gelatto" the hamster.

she was equally devistated

such is life

I miss my Poodle

funny how pet deaths affect us.

·
Registered
98 Posts
21 year old daughter lost two year old "Gelatto" the hamster.

she was equally devistated

such is life

I miss my Poodle

funny how pet deaths affect us.
I feel losing a pet is about right there with losing any kind of member of the family.

Just remember all the good times you had with that kitty cat.

Also, remember all the times you had to give Wily medicine. Now in kitty heaven, Wily can jump, run, back flip with no medicine ever again.

·
"Don't Tread On Me!"
6,425 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. I love my cats, they're more like little people to me then cats. I was in the process of bringing in a little female barn cat into the house and had let her in off and on for a couple months. When I took her down to get her spayed the vet said she had Feline Leukemia so I had to have her put down. She was a sweet cat and it really broke my heart but I was also in a panic for my other two cats, Baby Girl and Bunny. I took then in for their tests and thank God they came up negative. I took Baby Girl(had her for about 11 years now) and before I got the test results I swear I thought I was going to pass out. With Bunny it wasn't so bad because Baby Girl had come up negative so I figure he'd have a pretty good shot too and Thank God, he was also negative. I've had him for about 6 years and he's my "Big Man".
Baby Girl is on the left and Bunny is on the Right. Take care, the pain will ease up eventually but it'll take time.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts