close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Losing Hope in Americans

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Restless28

Restless28

42 straight months of Plus 8% unemployment, trillions of dollars of more debt, and Obama is either even or up 1 to 2 points in most polls.

I am to the point of losing faith in the majority of Americans' judgment. I guess they are going to get the government they deserve, and drag us all down with it.

Americans are hopeless.

2. devildog2067

devildog2067

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

3. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Maybe the final collapse will be a great talking point for a more limited federal gov't and to leave the states more on their own. Sort of like the USSR and Rome. :cool:

4. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

:rofl::rofl:

Come on DD, this is going to be another epic Restless thread.

AAHHHHHHHH THE DOLLAR! AHHH RUN!!! QUICK!!! GET IN SIE CHOPPAH!!!! :rofl:

5. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

Consider this...

Dig deeper into those polls and I think you'll find that Democrats are oversampled by a lot. The last Pew Research poll I saw oversampled Dems by 19 points. And even with that oversampling, Obama shows only a slight lead.

Plus, no less than the Politico hacks point out that undecideds are lower at this point than they were in 2008. Sure, Politico tries to spin this into a positive, but the reality is that in this economic environment, decideds are going to break against the incumbent and having fewer undecideds is *not* a good thing for Obama.

This isn't to suggest complacency, but things aren't as the polls are suggesting, or what the MSM is trying to make the polls suggest.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  6. SunsetMan

SunsetMan Deplorable Lifetime Member

Lost faith with half of USA in 2008. :whistling:

7. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

I already lost hope in America, but I have a new hope for a new America with the liberty and small gov't.

8. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Fehhh, I don't believe those poll number.

Unless something major comes up, I can't see how Romney doesn't win in November. The News Media is trying to sell the election like they would sell a Superbowl where the Green Bay Packers play the Cleveland Browns.

Romney is probably going to pick Paul Ryan or Marco Rubio as the VP. Drudge is blowing some major smoke with Condi and Petraeus. Its either going to be Ryan very soon or Rubio at the Convention.

That said when Romney gets in I think there will be improvement in the economy, with a lowering of the unemployment rates and US debt. I don't think it will be a quick fix, but 4 years from now it will look better.

9. aplcr0331

aplcr0331 Compulsory Collectivisim

I'm no liberal and if you think what's happening now started in the last four years, you're an idiot.

Number one question though, is what are YOU going to do about it? You love your country right? DO SOMETHING.

10. sombunya

sombunya I like to watch and sometimes touch

That's because you're thinking like a normal, rational human being.

Have you been to the California central and northern coast lately? And there are plenty more like that spread throughout the country.

11. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

BS. He didn't say he wanted to leave, he said the people in US who still support Obama are idiots. I agree with him.

12. Captain Steinbrenner

Captain Steinbrenner

Obozzo will wipe his ass with Romney period.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

13. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

I too find the idea that Obama's even on radar amazing after all that's happened.

I do blame the media, already found to be weighting polls with 5-9% more dem voters in the sample:

1. either the polls are wrong and part of the lefty media trying to portray the race as competitive and they're completely wrong, or,

2. The polls are somewhat accurate because the media favors Obama and his support is astroturfed because they keep reporting his lies with a straight face and the media hacks refuse to question the Great One about his failures and lousy policies. The just want to harp on Romney's dog on the roof of his car.

The biggest lately is about the dead steelworks' wife.

1. Romney left the company in 1999
    2. steelworker gets laid off in 2001
    3. wife still had insurance elsewhere and was covered
    4. Wife dies in 2007.
    5. All Romney's fault.

MEdia completely gives this fraud a pass, and the only thing novel about the story is its Romney's fault, because before the primaries it would have been GWB's fault.:up eyes:

Meantime if Bain Capital hadn't stepped in, the entire company would have gone under before 2001 and everyone would have lost their job, not just a few in the restructuring.

14. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

RASMUSSEN: Romney 47% Obama 43%...

15. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

If you have faith in a democratic majority to govern - anywhere in the world - you have never really stopped and thought about the concept. It is based solely on perceived fairness, not on any plan for beneficial results.

I have more faith in Americans than citizens of other countries, but it doesn't amount to much, More of a "lesser of evils" thing.

16. skinny99

skinny99 Crew Chief

I don't know much. But I say this. All my friends are very anti-Obama. All will be voting Romney. You would never poll any of us. Truly conservative people aren't discussing/talking/taking any polls. We are working.

17. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Reality is often much different than what people believe.

I worked for a European company that came in and bought another company. The people hated the new company and didn't want the Europeans telling the Americans how they were going to run the company. They even got rid of some of the management when it was taken over. Then there was a lay-off. The people were so mad at the Europeans how they took over.

What almost all of the people there didn't know, is the American company was sold on Wednesday. The American company didn't have money in the bank to make payroll on Friday. The Europeans made sure that payroll happened and pumped a LOT of money into them to rebuild the company.

Everyone was mad about what they THOUGHT happened, but REALITY was they were two days from being told they werent getting paid for the last three weeks of work they did, had no jobs, and no severance.

18. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

you forgot to mention the buyout the latest tool to oboama was offered.

19. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Oh, I don't know........................try the "Chicago Way", eh?:wavey:

The great one's disdain for all things legal.......look at how he's refused to even pass a budget in his entire term, show me that he's not beyond any tactic to win.

20. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

America, the Land of Lesser Evils.