close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Loosing the Hump

Discussion in 'Thin to Win - G36 Club' started by Dave T, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Dave T

Dave T

Are there any rumors floating around that Glock will "SF" the 36? The hump on the back strap seems more pronounced in feel because of the slimmer frame, at least to me and my hand. I think it would benefit greatly from the Short Frame treatment.

Dave

2. Dave T

Dave T

Heck, I would have at least expected someone to disagree with me if nothing else. (LOL)

Dave

3. tkdkracker007

tkdkracker007

I was considering for a while a Robar or similar backstrap reduction to get rid of the hump on mine, as I agree it seems more pronounced with the single-stack. I have smaller hands FWIW.

Instead, I got a backstrap plug from a fellow member here, removed and smoothed a bit from under the trigger guard to get my grip a little higher and removed a little material and smoothed under the rear of the "beavertail" (I know it's not really a beavertail, but the proper nomenclature escapes me). It settles better into my mitts now.

A slim-line SF? If they can make it trouble-free, I'm game. (note: my 36 runs like a top, pretty sure it would shoot rocks)

4. Nukem

Nukem

Before purchasing the G36 recently, my only memory of them was handling one several years (?) ago and on that one my trigger finger was not comfortably "on" the trigger. More the tip of my finger than the pad.
    The one recently purchased allows the pad of my index finger to lay on the trigger just the way I like! So my memory says they have reduced the frame size.... (THERE! that's kinda a disagreement!!:supergrin:)

5. NYresq

NYresq

I would rather see a 30SF with the thiner slide from the 36... That seems to be the ideal combo of high capacity and smal carry gun.

anyone wanna sell their 36 slide?

6. the perfesser

the perfesser

Another solicited response, albeit unhelpful: No rumors regarding a prospective G36SF sighted floating between the Savannah and Catawba watersheds.

7. Big_Drunk

Big_Drunk

On "General Glocking", there is a thread about the grip reductions done
    by Cold Bore. It looks like super work and the price was reasonable. I've seen reductions done by Heritage Arms in Austin, TX and by Robar that were really nice, too.

I think Heritage has the lowest prices. They do a "1911 Grip Reduction" for Glocks that's really great. Get the "undercut trigger" modification if you send it!

8. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

I doubt you will see anymore "SF" models. The Gen 4 back strap inserts pretty much eliminates the need for this.

9. Big_Drunk

Big_Drunk

Does it look like they're planning a Gen 4 G 36?