Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have gen 3 glock 19 and i recently put on a zev slide on it. I've noticed that when you dry fire it...it tends to have a wierd "feel" to it. Feels almost spongy in the way that it breaks. When i popped it open, i saw that the firing pin spacer/sleeve came out with the firing pin. I put in a new one and the feel/sound felt like the oem slide for a while, but then it went back to how it had felt before. There is definitely a difference...

I'm trying to figure out...is there any way to fix this issue. Is it even a problem? Is there something which holds the spacer in position so it doesn't migrate backwards into the channel?

thanks in advance for any input!

·
Premium Member
6,331 Posts
Are you getting consistent center strikes with this gun? If not, reliability may be a loss. That would be my concern.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Did the ZEV slide come with the firing pin channel installed?

Is the whole firing pin assembly OEM?

I'm guessing the ZEV slide is not in spec with the OEM firing pin assembly.

A solution for a ZEV slide might be a ZEV firing pin assembly.

I've built up an Open/Unlimited G17, but kept the Firing Pin and Slide OEM. That's where I find most competitors having mechanical issues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you getting consistent center strikes with this gun? If not, reliability may be a loss. That would be my concern.
Completely reliability...so no issues there

Did the ZEV slide come with the firing pin channel installed?

Is the whole firing pin assembly OEM?

I'm guessing the ZEV slide is not in spec with the OEM firing pin assembly.

A solution for a ZEV slide might be a ZEV firing pin assembly.

I've built up an Open/Unlimited G17, but kept the Firing Pin and Slide OEM. That's where I find most competitors having mechanical issues.
It did have one installed. I'm going to try a few different liners and see if one of them is tighter than the others. Usually, you have to slightly hammer the liners in but with this slide, they just slide right in....

·
Premium Member
6,331 Posts

It did have one installed. I'm going to try a few different liners and see if one of them is tighter than the others. Usually, you have to slightly hammer the liners in but with this slide, they just slide right in....
Yes. Good luck. The channel liner should be snug.

·
Florida's Left Coast
9,514 Posts

Your post title actually asks about the FP spacer (sleeve), but you are speaking about the FP channel liner. Did you use a small hammer and the proper tool to tap the new liner in (slightly tapered end first) until it bottoms out, while resting the slide 'nose' on a hard bench top.

People are frequently reluctant to spend $10-$12 on a tool that they feel they may use once or twice in their life.

And now... everyone will tell me that the tool isn't necessary, and that you may use a (insert item here) instead. o_O

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your post title actually asks about the FP spacer (sleeve), but you are speaking about the FP channel liner. Did you use a small hammer and the proper tool to tap the new liner in (slightly tapered end first) until it bottoms out, while resting the slide 'nose' on a hard bench top.

People are frequently reluctant to spend $10-$12 on a tool that they feel they may use once or twice in their life.

And now... everyone will tell me that the tool isn't necessary, and that you may use a (insert item here) instead. o_O
Definitely....tool might not be absolutely necessary but it makes the job so much easier. I usually have to lightly tap down with a small hammer to get the channel liner in all the way. Done it a bunch of times with solid results. This one has a slightly loose channel compared to all the rest.

put in another channel liner and so far its in solid. I'll continue to monitor and if it comes out again, i'll contact zev.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts