Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In January I bought a Kimber Warrior. I have been having more then a few ftf's with it. I have run probably 700 rounds thought it so far.
Today I tried a different mag and it fired flawlessly. I then put my Kimber mag in my friends Springfield which feeds flawlessly. It started to jam up. Looks like I need to send the mags back to Kimber:shocked:

·
Bipolar
494 Posts
Go out and buy a few Wilson 47D mags.
They seem to be the best 1911 mags out there.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Rally Vincent
Go out and buy a few Wilson 47D mags.
They seem to be the best 1911 mags out there.
Thanks for the tip my friend. I will go get some;) :cool:

·
PatrioticMember
6,195 Posts
Of the four Kimbers that I own, only one had a good magazine and that was the 10MM as Kimber uses a Metalform for their 10s. The three .45 mags were worthless. Not a very good track record, eh?

On the bright side the guns have all been solid performers.

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Short Cut
Of the four Kimbers that I own, only one had a good magazine and that was the 10MM as Kimber uses a Metalform for their 10s. The three .45 mags were worthless. Not a very good track record, eh?

On the bright side the guns have all been solid performers.
Damn that is a crappy track record:shocked:

·
3,861 Posts
Just for the record, all my Colt magazines work great. I don't know who made 'em but they say "Colt" on the bottom with the little horsey. I like 'em

·
AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!
63,128 Posts
Originally posted by scottauld
Just for the record, all my Colt magazines work great. I don't know who made 'em but they say "Colt" on the bottom with the little horsey. I like 'em
Probably made by Metalform. I've never had a problem with the Colt 7 rd. mags...talking about over a period of 30 years here...The Springfield basic 7 rd. mags (made by Metalform) have been treating me good for a few years too. Give me basic 7 rounders with dimpled followers any day. I will admit to using some Pachmayr and Metalform bases on them.:supergrin:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by scottauld
I am real sorry you were having trouble with your Warrior, buddy. I know that musta bugged you something fierce. :)

Keep the faith. :eek:kie:
I WILL keep the faith Scott. I now own 2 Wilson Combat mags;) :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts