close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Looks like my SPECULATION was correct. TSA infecting FAMs with ineptness...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gallium, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Gallium

Gallium CLM

:rofl:

SURPRISE!!!! (also, it's on Sickle NN so it must be accurate, damn you!)

2. NW-Warlord

NW-Warlord

From my own experience MOST .gov employees are inept at their job. Been to the DMV lately?

3. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mine (I use two) are YING and yaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhngggggggggggggg!

:rofl:

One place - walk in, go to the information desk, get a ticket, 5 minutes later you are seen.

Other place - walk in, get on line for the information desk, they give you a ticket, wait 45min-1hr - whoops, that teller don't know how to do that, and she's searching for chewing gum and yelling down the hall... :faint:

4. trifecta

trifecta

DMV is fine here as well. As for the Air Marshal program, I'm not so sure it is so great. We spend a whole lot of money to cover a small percentage of the flights.

5. HKUSP45Css

HKUSP45Css

I work in an office with 200 FAMs and I support the management, personally, on a daily, face-to-face basis.

I can say, unequivically that the picture painted in that article is exactly the opposite of I've witnessed in the office.

My office is ethnically and socially diverse with many different ethnicities represented at every level of the management chain and the "special groups" like VIPR and GRT teams.

There is no sense, at all, of general discontent and the FAMs management Agents work very hard to produce a pleasant and productive work environment.

I also find CNN's data block of "over a dozen interviews" to be a bit lacking in an agency with multiple thousands (sorry to be vague) of sworn Agents. There are malcontents in every occupational sector, they are seldom the voice of the majority. My experience says that holds true in this case as well.

I'm not biased either, some of the stuff FAMs do is certainly "security theater" and "photo op" type missions. The simple fact of the matter, in my estimation, is that the FAMs I know truly want to protect the American public and do a crappy thankless job in an effort to accomplish that goal. They also train tirelessly and are darn good at what they are tasked to do.

Anyone who thinks being an Air Marshal is just spending your 9-5 riding in planes doesn't know the first thing about the job.

/rant

ETA: as for internationals being covered, suffice it to say that there are more international flights covered than the article is letting on. I'm not at liberty to give even a vague number but it's certainly not a neglected area.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  6. Gallium

Gallium CLM